Thread: CBI Letter translation help please

Supporter and Investor!

CBI Letter translation help please

I was sent this letter on CBI letter head via e-mail today and I have no clue how to translate it, and i am told its something I need to learn about, can anyone here help?

CBI.jpg
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor!
    I used a piccy translator for the main portion :

To all banks/did you uninstall update Commission greetings. Later in our book labeled with numbers/201879 3733/8/13 dated. Decide to cancel work organizational purposes 13 numbered our book in DD/207/20091 of/containing ' e 315 update (%) P n ()), below the $30 deposits (20 foreign dolaraalnkodih 30 banks in the Bank as of the date/20111/. with appreciation Dr Munther Abdel Qader shaikhali Deputy Governor 5/19/1 agency.

Supporter and Investor!
    ok well as one might have expected the translation needs a translation.............I made a follow up on this and from what I was told, this letter is the CBI asking all banks to confirm that all banks in country have already uninstalled/halted/canceled charging any percentage commissions on any currency exchanges/deposits below $30 US dollars. The translation tends to indicate something along those lines, but it is vague still.

I find it odd that they use the $30 amount threshold, as well as using the US Dollar value to benchmark something like this.

The speculation on this indicates this is a preliminary move, as if a pending currency value change is foreseen, and any commission charges would be detrimental at that amount, and negate/offset any commissions on exchanges below that threshold.
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 01-18-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor!
    So, probably unrelated.... But yesterday via UPS I received the paperwork that I had sent to Warka Bank back at the beginning of last year. The forms so that our stocks held in proxy could be transferred to the ISX. Kind of weird for them to mail it back to me after a year had gone by.
    Last edited by spacetuna; 01-18-2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetuna View Post
    But yesterday via UPS I received the paperwork that I had sent to Warka Bank
    To expand on this a bit now, was this paperwork repackaged by Warka in a new package? as if they received it, opened it, reviewed it, and then decided repack and send it back to you?

or was it like a "return to sender" thing, as if it was never delivered?
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

My interest in this question is very high...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrank View Post
    ... or was it like a "return to sender" thing, as if it was never delivered?
    I would like to know the answer to that question too, crazyfrank.

By the way, spacetuna, did you have any stock shares formerly with Al Warka transferred over to the ISX? I requested those folks to do just that, back in February 2018, but so far, my questions on the whereabouts of my stock shares have never been answered. I would like to know what they did with my shares, and whether or not they sold them outright, after I asked them to transfer all of them to the ISX.

Every time I send them a query on the status of my stock shares, all I get is some form of 'boiler plate' letter restating what they said earlier in February 2018. In effect, that if we didn't send over the certified documents signed off by the Iraqi embassy, etc., those shares would be sold off and the proceeds deposited into our bank account with Al Warka.

investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Crazyfrank- it was pretty demolished looking to be honest so it was hard to tell. My initial thought that was it was a return to sender because it had my original label with my address circled on it and and something written in Arabic. But the envelope looked like it might have been opened and taped back together. So I'm not really sure. I didn't see a new label or postage on it.

Investindinar- no, I've emailed several times and haven't gotten a straight answer from them. They have responded without answering my question exactly like they did to you.

Supporter and Investor!
    Tuna, this is the first time anyone I have seen anyone post about Warka physically kicking something back via physical mail. Although I myself have some personal experience with a similar situation where Mr. I himself choose to return a "package" back, and he and I both were pleasantly surprised it did indeed make it back. (say no more)

Based on what you described about the UPS package condition, it arrived, it appears they opened it, reviewed it, and just now they choose to reseal it and send it back, hopefully with all intact. I am surprised it came with no explanation inside or follow up e-mail messages though. I am sure you have already generated some e-mail traffic to them asking WTF?

One must agree it is a good thing they did indeed choose to send it back rather than put it into the Allahu Akbar brand shredder.

Those are fairly valuable copies of personal documents to loose track of, and in a way they did you a favor by sending them back, they can be now applied to opening another account possibly with Al-Kamal brokerage, and James here can provide some guidance there for that path if you so desire.

Aside from that the question remains ............... why did they send it back?

my guess...........

1. they looked it over and saw something wrong, data missing, and was unable to proceed
    2. they looked it over and a call came in from the booth and a "delay of game" plenty was called as it was beyond the stated proxy deadline, as well as the overtime extension period
    3. they have shut down the Warka ISX brokerage department and were cleaning out old business
    4. they have re-activated the Warka ISX brokerage department and saw it was in limbo and needed to close out old business
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 01-21-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum