Thread: Iraqi Banks Must Increase Capital This Month

Default Iraqi Banks Must Increase Capital This Month

Iraqi Banks Must Increase Capital This Month

The deputy governor of the Iraqi Central Bank (ICB), Muzher Mohammed Saleh, has set a deadline for all banks in Iraq to increase their capital to at least 250bn IQD ($215m).
    He said: “We asked all banks in Iraq to increase their capital this month to strengthen their dealings and give more loans.”
    According to the report from AKnews, there are more than 50 banks in Iraq, with more than 800 branches spread across the provinces, a figure that is considered low compared to the size of the population.
    (Source: AKnews)

I wonder if this increase in capital will see the return of Al-Warka Bank to the ISX ?

Warka's capital at fiscal year-end 31/12/2011 was 127,5 billion. So. Until when and how are they going to raise this capital?
    Last edited by Virenque; 06-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virenque View Post
    Warka's capital at fiscal year-end 31/12/2011 was 127,5 billion. So. Until when and how are they going to raise this capital?
    what !!

they got USD$109348198.9708405 in cash and they wont give me my $150 ???

ICB Grants Licences to Private Banks for more Branches
    17 June 2012.

Central Bank

The Iraqi Central Bank (ICB) said it is granting licences to “a limited number” of private banks to increase their branches in Iraq.

Deputy governor Muzher Mohammed Saleh said more than 40 banks were granted the licences.

Iraq has about 800 bank branches, and the ICB has required all banks to have at least 250 billion IQD ($215 million) in capital by the end of June.

Warka Bank, which has several branches in Iraq, was recently placed under the guardianship of the ICB following major financial problems.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/201...more-branches/

Maliki yanked ALL goverment funds from Warka and Basrah Banks,leading to this liquidity problem.WE (US) think the Democrats & Republicans play partisan politics. Maliki is Shiite,Saad Al-Bannia (owner of Warka) is a Sunni!!!!!

What do we have here? A comic reporting the news? The title "Iraqi Banks Must Increase Capital This Month" in inaccurate.

I could publish CBI guidelines for banks to increase capital, but why bother, I've posted them before. Just keep giving me free shares...P/E ratios remain sweet.

We'll see movement SOON, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by kickabuck View Post
    what do we have here? A comic reporting the news? The title "iraqi banks must increase capital this month" in inaccurate.

I could publish cbi guidelines for banks to increase capital, but why bother, i've posted them before. Just keep giving me free shares...p/e ratios remain sweet.

We'll see movement soon, patience.
    but how soon is soon ?????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    but how soon is soon ?????????????????????????????????????
    Go jump the first hurdle...LOP

After you clear that one, get back to me.

More detail to defuse the 250B hype this month:

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/201...get-more-time/