Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie View Post
    So you can't wire $10,000 to open an account, get all shares moved to them and then have say $8,000 or so wired back? You have to use that $10,000 to buy shares? I was thinking of borrowing the money to get my shares out of Warka and then get most of the money back to the person I borrowed from.
    Yes that is correct. You can try and ask them if they will make an exception for you. I invested the money because I wanted to see what the buying and selling process with them is like. They executed my buy orders in 1 DAY and sent me confirmation! And I am not stuck with Warka's stupid 200,000 share blocks that you must buy. They bought me over 2 million shares in 2 banks. They are Great!!!

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie View Post
    So you can't wire $10,000 to open an account, get all shares moved to them and then have say $8,000 or so wired back? You have to use that $10,000 to buy shares? I was thinking of borrowing the money to get my shares out of Warka and then get most of the money back to the person I borrowed from.
    Thee seems to be a lot of fizz in pepsi at the mo

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ISX Maniac who uses Warka View Post
    Yes that is correct. You can try and ask them if they will make an exception for you. I invested the money because I wanted to see what the buying and selling process with them is like. They executed my buy orders in 1 DAY and sent me confirmation! And I am not stuck with Warka's stupid 200,000 share blocks that you must buy. They bought me over 2 million shares in 2 banks. They are Great!!!
    Let me summarize. Evil government in backward country seizes the fastest growing most technology advanced bank in the county and basically shuts it down for 2 years. Now this magic bank shows up with perfect customer support and service even though that has been impossible with any bank in Iraq and all you have to do is send 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by ComingtoDinar View Post
    Let me summarize. Evil government in backward country seizes the fastest growing most technology advanced bank in the county and basically shuts it down for 2 years. Now this magic bank shows up with perfect customer support and service even though that has been impossible with any bank in Iraq and all you have to do is send 10k.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ComingtoDinar View Post

Here is the website for Aljazera Brokerage. They are listed on ISX as a ISX Brokerage. Before the August 1, 2012 the cost was $1,000 USD. The service is very good. It seem to be a small operation only because it still has a personal touch. I've been happy with them. But I will also keep my Warka account.

www.isxbroker.com

Supporter and Investor!
    [QUOTE=BettingOn Iraq;3189]
    Here is the website for Aljazera Brokerage. They are listed on ISX as a ISX Brokerage. Before the August 1, 2012 the cost was $1,000 USD. The service is very good. It seem to be a small operation only because it still has a personal touch. I've been happy with them. But I will also keep my Warka account.

Thanks for the reply. A smaller bank would also seem more risky and look at the problems we had with Warka. My problem with this is that it feel's like people are being herded towards this bank so a problem was caused and then solution presented. And the original problem wasn't even probably real in the first place.

[QUOTE=ComingtoDinar;3223]
    Quote Originally Posted by BettingOn Iraq View Post

Thanks for the reply. A smaller bank would also seem more risky and look at the problems we had with Warka. My problem with this is that it feel's like people are being herded towards this bank so a problem was caused and then solution presented. And the original problem wasn't even probably real in the first place.

HUH??????

Supporter and Investor!
    ComingtoDinar, my reasons for joining Aljazera Brokerage were many. I wanted to be able to purchase cell phone stocks, have a place to transfer all stock in my name at Warka and be able to purchase 100K of any stock trading.

I admit I got somewhat shook by Warka's lack of communication and the fact they weren't allowed to trade AsiaCell. Plus, the length of time they were unable to provide a full service bank. But I am not negative on Warka, Aljazera or the ISX. I hope Warka can make a full recovery and I'm willing to give them time to do that. I am negative on the leadership, politics and the lack of growth of Iraq.

I knew going in investing in Iraq was risky so whatever monies I have invested and will invest hopefully will be profitable at some point. If not it's not the end for me.