Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    News Hound Investors Iraq News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    49,962

    Post Iraq Stock Market Report

    Advertising Feature
    Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 14th March 2013).
    Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
    The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,658 / $1,793 (-1.0%) (weekly change). The number of week traded shares was 6.1bn and the weekly trading volume was ID9.6bn ($8.0mn).


    ISX Company Announcements

    • Original shares of AL-Badia for General Trans. (SBAG) resumed trading on March 14, after the decision to increase the capital to IQD2bn through 11.11% bonus issue.


    • A cross transaction occurred on 11.5mn Asiacell Communications PJSC (TASC) shares on March 14, 2013. This represents 0.004% of TASC capital.
    • Ishtar Hotels (HISH) resumed trading on March 13 with no change in its capital.
    • New shares of Iraqi Engineering Works (IIEW) from the capital increase to IQD1.5bn through 30% bonus and 20% rights issues resumed trading on March 13.
    • Original shares of Al-Mansour Bank (BMNS) resumed trading on March 11, 2013 after the decision to increase the capital from IQD236bn to IQD250bn through 2% rights issue and 3,932% bonus issue.
    • New shares of Al-Khaima Financial Inv. (VKHA) from the capital increase to IQD460mn through 15% bonus issue resumed trading on March 11, 2013.
    • Original shares of Commercial Bank of Iraq (BCOI) resumed trading on March 10, 2013 after the decision to increase the capital from IQD100bn to IQD150bn through 50% rights issue. The company also will pay 7.5% dividend.
    • Elaf Islamic Bank (BELF) will hold AGM on March 16, 2013 to discuss 2011 financial results, distributing cash dividend and capital increase through bonus and rights issues. ISX suspended trading of BELF starting on March. 10, 2013.

    For the full RS Weekly Bulletin in PDF go to:* www.rabeesecurities.com.


    Source: Iraq-BusinessNews.com.

    Post your commentary below.

  2. #2
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Norwich England
    Posts
    4,551
    The ISX has been a huge disappointment. Asiacell is at 21.99.
    " Never forget everything Hitler did in Germany was legal " ---Martin Luther King jr.---

  3. #3
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishindinar View Post
    The ISX has been a huge disappointment. Asiacell is at 21.99.
    Fish, Asiacell is new, of course they will go down, you're looking at the ISX all wrong. The banking P/E ratios are very low, growth rates are very high, Asiacell hasn't been beaten down to their levels.

    As for disappointment...ISX investors should be in for the long haul, this isn't a "dinar scam" to get rich overnight. The banks are churning profits that go straight back into the investors portfolio via free/paid up shares. The game here is "Which stock is undervalued more?" MEIB kicked out 25% free and 25% paid up's last May for their 2011 earnings. Not bad...but in 2012 they exploded with a 95% growth in income, and a whopping 143% increase in net profit! So, will Asiacell do better than that?

  4. #4
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Norwich England
    Posts
    4,551
    All my stocks have been crap.
    " Never forget everything Hitler did in Germany was legal " ---Martin Luther King jr.---

  5. #5
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,552

    Agreed on banks

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    Fish, Asiacell is new, of course they will go down, you're looking at the ISX all wrong. The banking P/E ratios are very low, growth rates are very high, Asiacell hasn't been beaten down to their levels.

    As for disappointment...ISX investors should be in for the long haul, this isn't a "dinar scam" to get rich overnight. The banks are churning profits that go straight back into the investors portfolio via free/paid up shares. The game here is "Which stock is undervalued more?" MEIB kicked out 25% free and 25% paid up's last May for their 2011 earnings. Not bad...but in 2012 they exploded with a 95% growth in income, and a whopping 143% increase in net profit! So, will Asiacell do better than that?
    I am looking forward to 26% free shares from North Bank after their annual meeting in a couple weeks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

  6. #6
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    I am looking forward to 26% free shares from North Bank after their annual meeting in a couple weeks.
    HG, how did you know that? Do you get the daily Al-Mada newspaper delivered to your door? impressive!!! Rabee confirmed it today, 26.19% free shares

    North Bank (BNOR) will hold AGM on April 6, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial results, the election of new board members, adding the Islamic Banking activities upon getting the CBI approval and the capital increase from IQD210bn to IQD265bn through bonus issue (IQD54.59bn from 2012 profit and 0.41bn from its reserves).

  7. #7
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishindinar View Post
    All my stocks have been crap.
    Mine too

    However pepsi and al-mamoura have picked up in the last couple of months

    bollocks to BWAI and BDSI

  8. #8
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,552

    Cool I saw some financials somewhere and apparently stumbled into the right calculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    HG, how did you know that? Do you get the daily Al-Mada newspaper delivered to your door? impressive!!! Rabee confirmed it today, 26.19% free shares

    North Bank (BNOR) will hold AGM on April 6, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial results, the election of new board members, adding the Islamic Banking activities upon getting the CBI approval and the capital increase from IQD210bn to IQD265bn through bonus issue (IQD54.59bn from 2012 profit and 0.41bn from its reserves).
    I am a subscriber to the ali babba daily update. It is published monthly.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered byvBSocial.com and Block Facebook