Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    This guy thinks so!

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/4/10_Shocking_Charts_Show_Silver_Set_For_A_Staggerin g_$70_Surge.html

EB

Silver at 20/ounce US ... what's the big deal ? / actually down from Feb. ... Silver's a hoax - not many countries propping up their currency with silver ... and it has limited uses ... buy copper and gold mining stocks ... much cheaper and more versatile JMHO.

http://www.silverpriceoz.com/silver-price-per-ounce/

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    ... and it has limited uses ...
    now that is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    now that is funny!
    no less than copper I guess ... just a cheaper route..

Bacteria, yeasts, and viruses are rapidly killed on metallic copper surfaces, and the term “contact killing” has been coined for this process. While the phenomenon was already known in ancient times, it is currently receiving renewed attention. This is due to the potential use of copper as an antibacterial material in health care settings. Contact killing was observed to take place at a rate of at least 7 to 8 logs per hour, and no live microorganisms were generally recovered from copper surfaces after prolonged incubation. The antimicrobial activity of copper and copper alloys is now well established, and copper has recently been registered at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as the first solid antimicrobial material. In several clinical studies, copper has been evaluated for use on touch surfaces, such as door handles, bathroom fixtures, or bed rails, in attempts to curb nosocomial infections. In connection to these new applications of copper, it is important to understand the mechanism of contact killing since it may bear on central issues, such as the possibility of the emergence and spread of resistant organisms, cleaning procedures, and questions of material and object engineering. Recent work has shed light on mechanistic aspects of contact killing. These findings will be reviewed here and juxtaposed with the toxicity mechanisms of ionic copper. The merit of copper as a hygienic material in hospitals and related settings will also be discussed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3067274/

Supporter and Investor!
    Silver has industrial use, Gold mainly jewelry. Nothing to fight over.

"buy copper and gold mining stocks" I would add Silver to this list.

"Holding gold and no where to go." Now why would I make such a statement?

This may totally screw the plan for Iraq to turn their gold into coins. I do believe I said "NOT" in a perverse post.

Currency value to low for the average Iraqi citizen when gold value becomes:

"BID ONLY"

Not my words, but they have merit.
    "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by
    association with smarter people." --Will Rogers

"We're all ignorant, just on Different Subjects." --Will Rogers