Thread: Ameraq?

Default Ameraq?

Does anyone know anything about this investment company?

Welcome to Ameraq Client Services

All I know is I sent a detailed letter to them asking for information about their services. Explained I wanted to inform the IIF about them and their services and never heard back. Warka has mentioned them to me as a quality service, however I remain unimpressed. Lance
    This time, it's the deep end of the pool.

Lance, this is the site for the man I dealt with, he's on EBAY with a similar username <retire-on-dinar>, doesn't tell you much about Ameraq, but has more info associated with purchasing Dinar. When I get my log-in information, I should be able to gleen more from their site. Still, nice to hear positive feedback from another in the industry.

YOUR CHOICES

Quote Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Yes I know what this company does. They will take your paper dinar and deposit it in an Iraqi bank. They will let you view your account on line. They charge 10 - 20% of your proceeds when you withdraw.

esettles, any idea what Warka charges their clients? My feeling is this: when Americans go to the bank to cash-in their Dinars, I'm certain the Fed will be notified and tax may be withheld. Not certian what happens with paper transfers. Uncle Sam will need his share.

Discussed here
    http://www.investorsiraq.com/dinar-d...yone-seen.html

As a remainder: big fat warning ...

Tomorrow or Monday, I'll have an account with Ameraq in the amount of 500,000 IQD. I just got off the horn with a broker, here's some info:
    1. No interest, sell at Dinar value at time of cash-out.
    2. No monthly fees, only charge is at cash-out, don't know how much is charged.
    3. It's just another safe place to have your Dinars with ease of repatriation when the time comes.
    4. Trust is a must, better than a drawer-full of paper and nowhere to exchange. IMHO, everyone is different.

Tomorrow or Monday, I'll have an account with Ameraq in the amount of 500,000 IQD. I just got off the horn with a broker, here's some info:
    1. No interest, sell at Dinar value at time of cash-out.
    2. No monthly fees, only charge is at cash-out, don't know how much is charged.
    3. It's just another safe place to have your Dinars with ease of repatriation when the time comes.
    4. Trust is a must, better than a drawer-full of paper and nowhere to exchange. IMHO, everyone is different.
    I have a "Chase Bank" right on my corner....Mine will stay right in my Fire proof safe till the time comes to cash in !!!!...
    Septemebr 16, 2007

"Part An official at the Iraqi Central Bank that the bank develop a plan in this regard to create a balance of cash exchanges and the revival of small groups of local currency such as those designed to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar earlier!!!

Exclamation Let's Publish This Fact All Over The Place !!!

Esettles,

Way to go in getting this info out there. Ameraq is a ridiculous rip off. I was able to detect their BS rather quickly, as it wasn't long into my phone call when I heard them say the 25,000 denom is going to get whacked on 1/1/07, screwing all those holding such bills. Anyone willing to tell such a bald-faced lie as that is likely to do much worse than just rip you for 10 to 20 percent of your proceeds when you cash out. When I asked if they could point me to a public source for that info they were unable and unwilling to do so.

Remember that they earn all the interest on that deposit as well. There's lots of banks you can exchange your dinar at, so why would anyone need those jerks at Ameraq? They can't help you avoid tax, and all they are capable of is giving you less money than you could have if you held the dinar yourself.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Regards,

Steve
    (aka sgmunson)

Quote Originally Posted by esettles View Post
    Yes I know what this company does. They will take your paper dinar and deposit it in an Iraqi bank. They will let you view your account on line. They charge 10 - 20% of your proceeds when you withdraw.