Thread: Black Light vs UV?

Default Black Light vs UV?

Hi everyone.

I recently purchased NID ( in 25K denom.) from 2 different reputable online dealers. All the prominent security features were visable (raised letters, metallic ink, ect.), but I decided to take it one step further and try to find the glowing symbols using an UV light.

I went to Walmart and purchased a "Black Lite 60 watt bulb" and after turning it on using my lamp, i could not find the illuminated security features on either order of Dinar.

My question, is there a difference with a traditional black light bulb and a Ultra violet light? I always thought those 2 were synonomous with each other but in this regard, i could be wrong. I always believed that a black light of any kind was the same thing as an Ultra Violet light.

Any thoughts? I hope these are legit notes.

Yup. Not the same beast. A Black light Bulb is only good for listening to Uriah Heep and burning incence while drinking Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine.

Google Hand Held UV light.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown3824 View Post
    Hi everyone.

I recently purchased NID ( in 25K denom.) from 2 different reputable online dealers. All the prominent security features were visable (raised letters, metallic ink, ect.), but I decided to take it one step further and try to find the glowing symbols using an UV light.

I went to Walmart and purchased a "Black Lite 60 watt bulb" and after turning it on using my lamp, i could not find the illuminated security features on either order of Dinar.

My question, is there a difference with a traditional black light bulb and a Ultra violet light? I always thought those 2 were synonomous with each other but in this regard, i could be wrong. I always believed that a black light of any kind was the same thing as an Ultra Violet light.

Black lights emit UV light. or... at least thats what i thought!Try to get a different type of light and then check your notes

hoping for the best
    This is the REAL stuff.

www.treasuretrooper.com/8888

heres an article that tells the difference

Howstuffworks "How Black Lights Work"
    This is the REAL stuff.

www.treasuretrooper.com/8888

Same thing happen to me. My son had a black light for his lizard and I put the note up to the bulb and nothing. Like you I started to question if my notes were real or not. Anyway I was told that I needed a UV light and guess what, it worked. I think the black light just wasn't strong enough, my guess. If you look hard enough you can actually see the box with the numbers in it on the Arabic side with out the UV light, but it's still cool to see it under the light. UV lights are real cheap on Ebay, that's were I got mine. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemimikec3 View Post
    Same thing happen to me. My son had a black light for his lizard and I put the note up to the bulb and nothing. Like you I started to question if my notes were real or not. Anyway I was told that I needed a UV light and guess what, it worked. I think the black light just wasn't strong enough, my guess. If you look hard enough you can actually see the box with the numbers in it on the Arabic side with out the UV light, but it's still cool to see it under the light. UV lights are real cheap on Ebay, that's were I got mine. Take care.

Ok. That makes me feel much better. Thanks everyone for your help.

For the best results use a flourescent black light bulb. The regular bulbs have a minimal effect. And when you use it turn off all the other lights of course. The darker the better. With the flourescent black light you should be able to check the features about as quickly as you can count the money...which is always fun.:)

I used a flourescent blacklight and it worked very well.

right. they are only about $9.00 at spencers. black lights. man i could tell you guys some stories about the seventies...black lights....peter framptom voice boxes, guitars and sex. while ive never had sex w/a guitar.......uh never mind...what is this thread about??

Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine

WOW what a blast from the waaaaayyyyy past. LOL :D

Lets not forget the apple wine too ;)

Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post

WOW what a blast from the waaaaayyyyy past. LOL :D

Lets not forget the apple wine too
    Shhhhh... yer givin away our age!

Secret Key......"You're a riot" lol
    Network Engineer/Investor

spinada???

Ya know, for me a bottle of Mad dog 20/20, a laser light and a spaztic cat is the best way to check dinar for authenticity. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post

WOW what a blast from the waaaaayyyyy past. LOL

Lets not forget the apple wine too ;)
    TooooooMany sick memories!! Boones Farm anything!

How bout some Ripple?

B:)

Quote Originally Posted by Bdinar View Post
    TooooooMany sick memories!! Boones Farm anything!

How bout some Ripple?

B:)
    Tipple a Ripple, it'll make you a cripple! Anyhoo, my son got a little LED UV pen with "magic invisible ink" I got a wild hair, and sure enough, all the bills that are supposed to have it DO! and the cool thing was, mines was free!...Oh, wait...I had to pay 75 bucks for a few pieces of candy, and a calendar for the fundraiser in which he "won" the pen...My bad. Not Free... But cool nonetheless!

Hi everyone.

I have a couple differnt black lights and each one shows teh dinar security differently. I think it is dependant on teh type of UV light emitted by the black light and well as the intensity of the emission.

If you have a Bug Zapper, place the dinar close and you will see it...just don't get zapped....
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Quote Originally Posted by lglwzrd View Post
    right. they are only about $9.00 at spencers. black lights. man i could tell you guys some stories about the seventies...black lights....peter framptom voice boxes, guitars and sex. while ive never had sex w/a guitar.......uh never mind...what is this thread about??

:lmao: :lmao:

Man, this was soooo funny.!

I could hadly wait untit this thing takes off and we do the IIF Reunion Party...You guys will be a blast.....
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Default florecent black light is the one you need .bro.......

Hi everyone.

florecent black light is the correct one. the 60 watt black light bulbs are just plane no good and are dangerous also because they are a fire hazard if close to any lamp shade!..............JCWH