Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!

Warka ISX - Anyone buying ??

I have attempted to buy ISX stock through Warka at every available session for nearly 4 months now.

At the first session of this buying pattern, I was successful in buying well over a million dinars worth. Since then the weekly amounts I have been succesful in obtaining have diminished rapidly to the point where about 6 weeks or so ago, I was not being filled on anything despite, the order being acknowledged by Warka in the normal way.

I am now in a situation where over the past month not one single order has been acknowledged or filled by Warka ISX dept.

Is Warka ISX dept functioning or not ? Has anyone else been buying over the past few weeks or have I exceeded some kind of 'credit limit' with them that I am unaware of ?

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by 24mm exposed grid View Post
    I have attempted to buy ISX stock through Warka at every available session for nearly 4 months now.

At the first session of this buying pattern, I was successful in buying well over a million dinars worth. Since then the weekly amounts I have been succesful in obtaining have diminished rapidly to the point where about 6 weeks or so ago, I was not being filled on anything despite, the order being acknowledged by Warka in the normal way.

I am now in a situation where over the past month not one single order has been acknowledged or filled by Warka ISX dept.

Is Warka ISX dept functioning or not ? Has anyone else been buying over the past few weeks or have I exceeded some kind of 'credit limit' with them that I am unaware of ?
    I put in a small sell order on 6/10 that was executed on 6/11 so they're operating. I have a buy order going in for 6/25, I'll let you know the outcome. Prior to that I had several buy orders executed late May.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    I put in a small sell order on 6/10 that was executed on 6/11 so they're operating. I have a buy order going in for 6/25, I'll let you know the outcome. Prior to that I had several buy orders executed late May.
    Thanks Kicks,

I just checked my records, the last successful buy was 16th May. It seems to me that Warka ISX dept have a system in place, whereby if you attempt to accumulate too many shares too quickly for them (bearing in mind the restriction of 200k max orders anyway !!!), you are put on a list and duly ignored.

Although I can point to many times when general enquiries and such like have been ignored, I have never had my buy / sell orders ignored until now.

Supporter and Investor!
    Thanks Kicks,

I just checked my records, the last successful buy was 16th May. It seems to me that Warka ISX dept have a system in place, whereby if you attempt to accumulate too many shares too quickly for them (bearing in mind the restriction of 200k max orders anyway !!!), you are put on a list and duly ignored.

Although I can point to many times when general enquiries and such like have been ignored, I have never had my buy / sell orders ignored until now.
    24, you're most likely being monitored because you maintain 2 accounts with different brokerages. There were articles posted about this a year ago regarding rules that were put into place. From what I remember, the ISX will strictly limit trading under that scenario. As you know, the daily trade volume is light for most stocks, they feared manipulation of prices. If you're trying to move from Warka CD's into ISX shares, to transfer over, you're probably screwed for short term. Things will get better SOON...patience my friend

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    24, you're most likely being monitored because you maintain 2 accounts with different brokerages. There were articles posted about this a year ago regarding rules that were put into place. From what I remember, the ISX will strictly limit trading under that scenario. As you know, the daily trade volume is light for most stocks, they feared manipulation of prices. If you're trying to move from Warka CD's into ISX shares, to transfer over, you're probably screwed for short term. Things will get better SOON...patience my friend
    I do remember the article regarding people holding seperate accounts with different brokerages and the possibility of price manipulation.

Despite my looking to open an account with another brokerage (Rabee & Al Karmal), for differing reasons, I was unable / unwilling at that time to open elsewhere, so currently I only have access to the ISX through Warka. I have never held CD's, only excess cash in account and it is this cash that I am trying to run down, before I finally transfer all holdings out elsewhere. I reckoned that the way things are at the moment, if you transfer shares out, you would have next to no chance of buying through Warka ISX after in order to run your balance down !

Given that further info do you have any more thoughts on the situation I find myself in ?

Supporter and Investor!
    Sorry Kick, one other thing.......

If I was being monitored for holding 2 accounts or 3 or 10, or if I was indeed trying to spend more than their 200k share maximums, I would not be too bothered, if they acknowledged me and dealt with the issue. If they replied to me and said "Sorry 24, you cant spend more than 2 million dinar a month on ISX stocks" - then so be it

It is the attitude of consistently ignoring a customer that I am finding increasingly difficult to accept, particularly as new options come onto the scene.

Supporter and Investor! thebest's Avatar
    Sorry Kick, one other thing.......

If I was being monitored for holding 2 accounts or 3 or 10, or if I was indeed trying to spend more than their 200k share maximums, I would not be too bothered, if they acknowledged me and dealt with the issue. If they replied to me and said "Sorry 24, you cant spend more than 2 million dinar a month on ISX stocks" - then so be it

It is the attitude of consistently ignoring a customer that I am finding increasingly difficult to accept, particularly as new options come onto the scene.
    I bought the BBAY BNOI 06-18-2013.Sometimes I have orders of 5 and only managed to buy one or none. I do all my orders 400,000 share per company since 2012, I never get more than 200,000 shares for company. Do not think it's anything against you, the problem is that when we get together with people who think negative all the time will think negative.I believe your case is a coincidence or at least you're with another broker or something you've changed your relationship with WARKA.Remember in an interview they did to Mr. I or Bunia explained that their people were not prepared, that it would take time, do not think about them like you're in the UK or U.S. In life if you think negative even though you won the lotto always going to take something negative. I always say there are two truths the negative and the positive, it depends how you see it all the time Patience is my advice.

That negativity will not help me at all on my investment.
    Last edited by thebest; 06-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Al-Warka Bank Mr. Saad al-Bunnia We are giving you a chance to make good profits because once the country has returned to normal and foreigners can buy shares, believe me, nobody will be able to grab a handful of shares.
    THEBEST Remember if CG acted like vultures. No matter that appear to try to help us. They’re vultures.

Supporter and Investor!

Naaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    I bought the BBAY BNOI 06-18-2013.Sometimes I have orders of 5 and only managed to buy one or none. I do all my orders 400,000 share per company since 2012, I never get more than 200,000 shares for company. Do not think it's anything against you, the problem is that when we get together with people who think negative all the time will think negative.I believe your case is a coincidence or at least you're with another broker or something you've changed your relationship with WARKA.Remember in an interview they did to Mr. I or Bunia explained that their people were not prepared, that it would take time, do not think about them like you're in the UK or U.S. In life if you think negative even though you won the lotto always going to take something negative. I always say there are two truths the negative and the positive, it depends how you see it all the time Patience is my advice.

I Disagree
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post

I don't think positive thoughts will help your Warka investment either

Supporter and Investor!
    Well, in the words of Ned Flanders - "I'll be a ding dang diddly".............. after a month of ignoring me, Warka ISX are going to place my latest order tomorrow.