Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proxy shares

Supporter and Investor!
    I own tons of Warka Bank shares both in proxy and own name.

The amounts of shares owned were always detailed as correct with Warka ISX dept, but on the last portfolio statement provided by them at least 6 months ago, all Warka Bank shares had been zeroed. Of course I queried it with them at the time, but as usual no response.

Has anyone else with shares in Warka noticed that they have been zeroed.

My portfolio does not even include them anymore ... just disappeared.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 12-14-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Einstein knew ........Click on image...einstein warka.jpg
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 12-14-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Supporter and Investor!

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by chakkarchee View Post
    Most likely Warka will make a good comeback sooner or later, their board seems to have good fight left in them to protect their intrest. It is my portfoilio and account I have not sure about how intact it will be when dust clears. ( For now my portfolio is not even showing on line and it is a serious concern) Still to answer your question, yes I have some hope left that my accout will survive may be some old fashioned Iraqi way.
    Do not like the fact we cannot purchase paid ups through them. Will not be able to make that back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    Warka shares are still on my portfolio list which showed all the stocks some in my name and others in proxy this list also showed splits just have to be patient

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by tipawin View Post
    Warka shares are still on my portfolio list which showed all the stocks some in my name and others in proxy this list also showed splits just have to be patient
    Tip, can you confirm the following.

Your portfolio list - Is this a recent list (within the past 6 months) provided as an email attachment upon request by Warka ISX Dept ?

My own Warka stock only 'disappeared' on my last portfolio request 6 months or so ago. Prior to that all was correct and indeed the online ISX trading tab (when it was available) also showed correct figures.

I do remember seeing some time ago, correspondence from Al Jazera brokerage confirming that all Warka Bank stock was now held in custody by the ISC rather than independent brokerages, pending further developments. I have made the presumption that this is the reason for balances being zeroed.
    Last edited by 24mm exposed grid; 12-15-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    I just received my portfolio on 2 Dec 2013. All of my Warka stock shows up in the portfolio, and in the amount that I've purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by 24mm exposed grid View Post

Your portfolio list - Is this a recent list (within the past 6 months) provided as an email attachment upon request by Warka ISX Dept ?

My own Warka stock only 'disappeared' on my last portfolio request 6 months or so ago. Prior to that all was correct and indeed the online ISX trading tab (when it was available) also showed correct figures.

I do remember seeing some time ago, correspondence from Al Jazera brokerage confirming that all Warka Bank stock was now held in custody by the ISC rather than independent brokerages, pending further developments. I have made the presumption that this is the reason for balances being zeroed.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor! thebest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 24mm exposed grid View Post

I received my portfolio the 12-02-2013 they missed WARKA, Al Therar, Nieveh Food. All this company are delisted. I sent a e-mail and they correct the error.
    Al-Warka Bank Mr. Saad al-Bunnia We are giving you a chance to make good profits because once the country has returned to normal and foreigners can buy shares, believe me, nobody will be able to grab a handful of shares.
    THEBEST Remember if CG acted like vultures. No matter that appear to try to help us. They’re vultures.

Supporter and Investor!
    My portfolio from Warka via requested e-mail for portfoilo from this November is showing same number of Warka stock for past three years, these stocks are in my name and not in proxy
    Last edited by chakkarchee; 12-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Does anyone have any new info on proxy shares?
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$