Thread: HSBC Iraq Branch

Default HSBC Iraq Branch

short time lurker first time poster...

Any word on HSBC's timeline on opening it's Iraq Branch. Looked on google couldn't find much.

Thanks.

Considering they just got one in china we may be a while but who knows..
    Its going to be a good Christmas...

HSBC waiting on insurgent activity to decline, that and some laws they don't like.

Thanks for the replies. After looking around that seemed to be the most efficient banking route into Iraq if and when it opens. With branches in the US and an established global presence. Just briefly looking at their website it seems they support depositing of foriegn currency too which helps if you have physical notes on opening day. Branches in Cali, Florida, and New York. If anyone else has any info on this angle feel free to chime in. I'm new to this but learning very fast thanks to this site.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Thanks for the replies. After looking around that seemed to be the most efficient banking route into Iraq if and when it opens. With branches in the US and an established global presence. Just briefly looking at their website it seems they support depositing of foriegn currency too which helps if you have physical notes on opening day. Branches in Cali, Florida, and New York. If anyone else has any info on this angle feel free to chime in. I'm new to this but learning very fast thanks to this site.

Sandman:
    I think we are on the right track with the HSBC banking system. But we need to look into the benefits of a "Live Trust". This is my next area of research unless someone on this very good board beets me to it.