Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!

The Iraq Stock Exchange Upgrades to NASDAQ OMX's X-Stream Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    Nice... did not see that coming.

Article 2013 but.... "The upgrade is expected to be rolled out by mid-year 2014."

Supporter and Investor!
    ok

we officially Mid-2014

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    Last I seen it was to go live July !!!

Mr. Rbaya said, “We’re looking to have more than one financial center in Iraq. Maybe in the future we will also look at setting up an exchange in Basra.”
    Rubaye is also preparing to tackle an issue that has dogged the ISX since its establishment in 2004. “Once we have gone live with our new Nasdaq trading platform in July, we’re going to invite foreign banks to submit their proposals to operate as a custodian.” The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services.

"So I’m hopeful that a custodian will be appointed and once it has, I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a 300% re-rating in the market, because there will be a huge wall of money hitting Iraq.""

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/en/2014...-exchange.aspx
    Last edited by oldskiier; 06-03-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Probably Warka's downfall, this method should be applied to banks as well... Then again. HSBC came and went ...

"The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services."

Supporter and Investor!
    The ISX ( and NASDAQ) are giving the impression that either :

a) Nothing will happen at all

OR

b) The ISX will utilise NASDAQ's technologies and larger organisations will get in first enjoying 100x returns on their investments , leaving the poor man in the street to pick up what scraps are left over

Not sure what you mean....the articles about this happening this next month say they expect the ISX to maybe go as high as 300% ..and as far as poor folks on the streets ...?? well the ones playing the ISX in Iraq right now I'm sure are up to speed .... keeping fingers crossed this will be our first big move....and I for one think if this does happen.... it could be the start to the "Exploding" reaching " Stratospheric Levels" we have heard about for years ...JMHO
    Last edited by oldskiier; 06-07-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    I Would like to know if anybody call Mr Ryan Wells in NY and ask for references,becuase I did call him and did not like my answer at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by pirata View Post
    I Would like to know if anybody call Mr Ryan Wells in NY and ask for references,becuase I did call him and did not like my answer at all!!
    WHAT..? are you talking about ?... What answer did you get.................?????
    Last edited by oldskiier; 06-06-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post
    Not sure what you mean....the articles about this happening this next month say they expect the ISX to maybe go as high as 300% ..and as far as poor folks on the streets ...?? well the ones playing the ISX in Iraq right now I'm sure are up to speed .... keeping fingers crossed this will be our first big move....and I for one think if this does happen.... it could be the start to the "Exploding" reaching " Stratospheric Levels" we have hard about for years ...JMHO
    "we have hard about for years"

OS is a closet Trekky ??

Kirk orders "one-hundred eighty degrees, hard about". We see the ship turn quickly to port, and it is only several seconds later that Kirk orders a reduction to "sub-warp speed".