Post Drastic changed ahead for Iraqi stock exchange

Drastic changed ahead for Iraqi stock exchange

With the world’s eyes focused on the recent general elections in Iraq, little attention is being paid to the major changes taking place in Iraq's banking and finance industry.

Source: IraqDirectory.com

Post your commentary below.

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    This sounds very promising.. Could we really be getting close on this I just hope Warka comes back in time

Supporter and Investor!
    Agreed, OS. Although I think Warka's return prior to this is not
    as important as a custodian stepping up to manager things.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

Well what was Warka then?

The folowing is the definition of custodian in the context of this article.

In addition to holding securities for safekeeping, most custodians also offer a variety of other services including account administration, transaction settlements, collection of dividends and interest payments, tax support and foreign exchange. The fees charged by custodians vary, depending on the services desired by the client. Many firms charge custody fees payable quarterly that are based on the aggregate value of the holdings.

Isnt that what Warka was supposedly doing for us in the first place?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!
    Interesting that two of the largest custodian banks have entered Iraq.

Supporter and Investor!
    Citi Group for quite some time had a banner on Warka's Website...and may still.....I don't know if there was some type of merger, tie-in, or partnership of some type with all of this....but summer of 2013 we saw articles where Citi opened shop in Baghdad...and with a trillion in loans coming out the gate!....That's more than it took to bail out all the banks in the U.S.!....something to truly think about here?.....I dont think we are being told the true scoop on all of this...whether it's Citi, Warka, etc...(I've always thought...IMO...that Warka will return with a positive aggressive vengeance in the Iraqi economy...and that much of the negativity that has been put out regarding Warka was propaganda and political posturing to deter speculation...especially as per the West).....I believe it's the Al-Bunnia family that owns Warka...and it's been stated that they are one of the wealthiest families in the Middle East...and it's been depicted and shown where Warka handled many transactions for the U.S. Government...and some say they even did payment processing for the U.S. Troops?.....We recently saw articles stating the U.S. Govt may lose money with Warka...and we have heard other horror stories as well...but nothing has been proven as per any of this as per an end result fact..or IMO.....or at least to my knowledge...and then we see where Warka has won every lawsuit and legal battle regarding any of their issues that they have had....But we have not seen where the Iraqi Govt. or anyone else has had to bail them out...like banks in the U.S...(and they always prevail on/with every issue)...so..with all of this being said....If Warka is not safe..while sitting in probably the boomingest country in the world...who is?...Or where else can anyone go that is a guaranteed safe haven monetarily right now?....lol....All anyone can do is wait and see......
    Last edited by 4aprofit; 05-22-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    God words 4aprofit !! Summer of 2014" !