Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: (UH-OH) SENATORS TOLD: “Congress can’t go home until all the Troops are home…”

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaboo View Post
    In my searching I have ran across that site many many times and I leave as fast as I arrive. But, with the contents of this article I thought it was interesting that other Senators were going to comply. I felt it was something to watch for as it would be a hoot to see who were REALLY against the war enough to gave up their Easter vacation.

    Bambaboo
    No, its just a pathetic stunt...

    Like Cindy Sheehan handcuffing herself to Hugo Chavez while eating a Tofu hotdog off of the chest of Jeanine Gerafalo.

    These stunts are necessary to keep the liberal herd in line, because they operate on emotion and feel-good rallies.


    There is absolutely no substance to it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaboo View Post
    In my searching I have ran across that site many many times and I leave as fast as I arrive. But, with the contents of this article I thought it was interesting that other Senators were going to comply. I felt it was something to watch for as it would be a hoot to see who were REALLY against the war enough to gave up their Easter vacation.

    Bambaboo
    I'll believe it when I see Clinton and Kennedy stay at their desks. Well, in Kennedy's case I guess lying beside it mumbling in a bourbon soaked puddle would count.
    I watch you when you do bad things and you don't know I'm there.....Voyeur

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    [QUOTE=Dinars4Jesus;580378]Its like being a democrat, wouldn't have an abortion, yet believes in abortion . . and calls themselves a Christian. Hmmmm! Can a real Christian be a democrat?[/QUOTE]

    I have often wondered the same.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wild Wonderful West Virginia
    Posts
    4,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voyeur View Post
    Well, in Kennedy's case I guess lying beside it mumbling in a bourbon soaked puddle would count.
    My brother-in-law sat behind him on a plane. He said Kennedy has a HUGE head! Don't know why I told that..maybe it will be useful info someday, possibly in a "Trivial Pursuit" game or something.

    Bambaboo

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaboo View Post
    My brother-in-law sat behind him on a plane. He said Kennedy has a HUGE head! Don't know why I told that..maybe it will be useful info someday, possibly in a "Trivial Pursuit" game or something.

    Bambaboo
    It makes sense, he would HAVE to have to hold that much shiite.
    I watch you when you do bad things and you don't know I'm there.....Voyeur

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinars4Jesus View Post
    Its like being a democrat, wouldn't have an abortion, yet believes in abortion . . and calls themselves a Christian. Hmmmm! Can a real Christian be a democrat?
    Uh, well, YES, I agree, its really not possible for Christians to defend abortion.

    But, not all Democrats believe in abortion. (Zell Miller is a great example).



    However, the Democratic party in the last 8 years has become radicalized, and hijacked by the far left.

    Today's Democratic party is actively tossing out anyone who does not meet the far-left's demands of conformity. (ie Joe Lieberman)


    So, it is possible, that you still have voters, in the south, who do not believe in abortion, yet they are so out-of-touch, that they don't know their party has been hijacked by radicals yet. These are mainly your senior citizens, your dixie-crats, etc.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bankrupt, Michigan
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Ah yes, Dennis Kusinich and Medea Benjamins merry band of lunatics. Why don't we just chant "Bring the War Home"!!! Some people will never get it. Nobody has offered us terms for our surrender, therefore it must be unconditional. For those of you who wish to bring the war home, the link below will provide you with whatever group you would like to join in order to accomplish your goal. I'm sure there is a group tailor made to fit whatever your reason is. Good luck!


    http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/v...ps.asp?catid=9
    Last edited by Kevmo; 03-12-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: subject clarification
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom. - Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL-COOL-J View Post
    Finaly a story i can be proud of,this is education at its finest.When you can educate yourself and turn around and help others through simple thinking and a little compassion.We should all be proud of these kids and Kisinich who i have allways considerd a man of charecter and principal.If the troops stay they stay.They both work to serve the people,its only right.I

    And therein lies the problem: these 'good kids' have been indoctrinated not educated by leftover hippies yearning for the merry glow of anti-war protests of their youth. Thus, they co-opt the minds of malleable, disaffected youth who are eager to be a part of something in opposition to the status quo. Whereas the youth are in error due to their deficit in experience, the 'elders' know the fallacies they are spewing and do so with malicious intent.
    Let's see whether I'm right: go tell your lib buddies that you so respect that you're trying to profit off the 'misery created by Bush/Cheney and their illegal war of choice' and see if they are as tolerant of your tripe as we here at IIF are. I think we all know what the outcome will be.
    BTW, there used to be a spellcheck feature on this forum - it needs to be brought back.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warkaholic View Post
    No, its just a pathetic stunt...

    Like Cindy Sheehan handcuffing herself to Hugo Chavez while eating a Tofu hotdog off of the chest of Jeanine Gerafalo.

    These stunts are necessary to keep the liberal herd in line, because they operate on emotion and feel-good rallies.


    There is absolutely no substance to it.




    Dont worry man,all the war mongers who are bought and paid for will be out of there before you finish the first verse of BOMB BOMB BOMB BOM BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warkaholic View Post
    Uh, well, YES, I agree, its really not possible for Christians to defend abortion.

    But, not all Democrats believe in abortion. (Zell Miller is a great example).



    However, the Democratic party in the last 8 years has become radicalized, and hijacked by the far left.

    Today's Democratic party is actively tossing out anyone who does not meet the far-left's demands of conformity. (ie Joe Lieberman)


    So, it is possible, that you still have voters, in the south, who do not believe in abortion, yet they are so out-of-touch, that they don't know their party has been hijacked by radicals yet. These are mainly your senior citizens, your dixie-crats, etc.
    Zell Miller is a great guy. Too bad there aren't more Democrats like him today. I actually might find myself agreeing with them if they still thought like him.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bambaboo View Post
    UH-OH!!!

    3-12-08
    SENATORS TOLD: “Congress can’t go home until all the Troops are home…”
    Rep. Kucinich to Comply With Stop-Loss Order and Remain at Desk Until Occupation of Iraq Ended

    A wide coalition of Iraq Vets, College students, and veteran activists; Members of STOP-LOSS CONGRESS, OurSpringBreak, Code Pink, IVAW, and VFP, today served Rep. Dennis Kucinich with a STOP-LOSS ORDER in his Congressional offices in Washington DC. The STOP-LOSS ORDER, which was served on every member of Congress in the last two days, involuntarily extends the tour of duty of Congress until every soldier and contractor is out of Iran and Afghanistan, and cancels Congress' planned Easter vacation, effective immediately. Rep. Kucinich, agreeing that Congress works for the people, has agreed to comply immediately with the STOP-LOSS ORDER, remain at his desk, not leave when his fellow members of Congress go on vacation, and to stay on duty until ALL the troops and contractors are home. Other members of Congress will be announcing their compliance today.

    Rep. Kucinich today is meeting with members of OurSpringBreak, the organization of students who have come to Washington to spend their school vacation working on political activism.

    cont...

    http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31748

    Bambaboo
    Guess Dennis will just serve his term at his desk. However will he leave to campaign for his next election or just stay at the desk.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL-COOL-J View Post
    Dont worry man,all the war mongers who are bought and paid for will be out of there before you finish the first verse of BOMB BOMB BOMB BOM BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN

    Have you mentioned yet your 'war profiteering' to your lib buddies? Still waiting to hear how that turns...

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Have you mentioned yet your 'war profiteering' to your lib buddies? Still waiting to hear how that turns...
    Yeah Gooch,

    Coolwhip has a lot of lib buddies.
    Dulvalier Amin Hitler Stalin
    Last edited by Artemus; 11-07-2008 at 01:03 PM.
    GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=E1Nbe4LEc0s
    Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it.
    Thomas Sowell

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warkaholic View Post
    Uh, well, YES, I agree, its really not possible for Christians to defend abortion.

    But, not all Democrats believe in abortion. (Zell Miller is a great example).



    However, the Democratic party in the last 8 years has become radicalized, and hijacked by the far left.

    Today's Democratic party is actively tossing out anyone who does not meet the far-left's demands of conformity. (ie Joe Lieberman)


    So, it is possible, that you still have voters, in the south, who do not believe in abortion, yet they are so out-of-touch, that they don't know their party has been hijacked by radicals yet. These are mainly your senior citizens, your dixie-crats, etc.

    Show me the company you keep and I will show you who you are and what you are. D4J's Grandmother 1901-1982

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •