Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CBI / WARKA /STANDARD CHARTERED 'What if ?"

Just a "what if" side thought - the tutelage, the Standard Chartered / Warka merger fiasco (or whatever we were calling it) all seemed to happen simultaneously - next, the court rules in Warkas favor and later Standard Chartered miraculously shows up with a new branch slated for Baghdad (it's now open for business while Warka fades into the sunset) - did Bunnia get paid out by the CBI and throw it into a UK based bank ? - a much better investment really. This scenario would make sense - Warka is a tainted mess (politically/financially) so why not just take the money (depositors / CBI) and run Warka into the ground then move on with Standard Chartered as a close (silent) "Partner"?

It could be that's why the merge / acquisition soured - maybe it was orchestrated in order for this type of back room deal to transpire.

I also find it strange after the court has ruled in Warkas favor why there is no bitching and whining from them ... that they have not been paid yet - nothing in the media - no public outcry ..nothing from Bunnia ... just an "oh well" attitude - something is not right here.

Just thinking out loud and all my opinion only of course.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 06-24-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Starting to think that is what has happened here - Warka out Standard in (Bunnia a "hidden" partner)..... the timing is all too coincidental for my liking ... again...my opinion only. I'll bet his top Warka "commercial" / "Investor" clientele all got their money out just fine - probably all moved to Standard Chartered as part of the deal.

I guess the real tell will be when Standard Chartered starts acquiring Warka real estate and leases at "fire sale" prices - then moving in to closed / abandoned branches. Although that may be too telling - they may be too cunning for that ?

Standard Chartered has become the first British bank to open a branch in Iraq since the war, with Iraqi prime minister Nouri Al-Maliki cutting the ribbon on its new branch in Baghdad.
    The opening of the Standard Chartered branch, in a secure compound in Arrasat in Baghdad, marks the arrival of the first of three Standard Chartered branches in Iraq, with another in Erbil to follow by the end of this year, then one in Basra next year.
    The branch of the multinational bank was opened in the Iraqi capital Baghdad at an official ceremony attended by dignitaries including Mark Bryson-Richardson, deputy head of mission at the British Embassy in Baghdad.
    Speaking at the event, Al-Maliki said: "This is an indicator of the trust of the association and the whole United Kingdom associations with the economy in Iraq.
    "They consider Iraq as a level country and this has given us trust and also it gives reliability and confidence to the companies that seek to invest in Iraq."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4349293.html
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 06-24-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    lets hope Standard Chartered are holding onto our cash

one question, how come Warka dont have the cash to pay for shares on the ISX on our behalf ?

Or maybe Standard Chartered may buy the ISX dept first , then the rest of Warka ???
    Last edited by Will-it-happen?; 06-24-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Supporter and Investor!

put it under the pillow

I think we have better odds if the tooth fairy has it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    I think we have better odds if the tooth fairy has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    lets hope Standard Chartered are holding onto our cash

one question, how come Warka dont have the cash to pay for shares on the ISX on our behalf ?

Or maybe Standard Chartered may buy the ISX dept first , then the rest of Warka ???
    I believe The camel has left the desert on all counts - Warka is flat broke so ISX orders will never be filled ... and Standard will never seal a deal with Warka now, the Bank or the Brokerage, and no way Standard is holding on to any of our money. All IMO again.

My thoughts are heading in the direction of Bunnia paying some guy (or guys) a few bucks a day to periodically answer our emails and kick start our online accounts when ever the whining and complaining exceeds a certain level - just to appease us here - keep us thinking there is still hope (for whatever reason, including for his own personal entertainment)

And it Looks like Standard is a Bank that would cut a side deal with Bunnia ... all my opinion of course ..

Standard Chartered pays $340M to settle money laundering charges

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/07/bu...n-allegations/

Supporter and Investor!
    Al Bunnia and his family go way back. They've had to fight Malaki's attacks and have done so, but Malaki is still in power and is holding things up. I think the Bunnia family is not one to easily give up or retreat, but is only biding their time to resume business with vigor once Malaki is out. The courts have ruled in their favor, it is a matter of time till things resolve.

The Bunnia family is very wealthy, experienced and firmly established in many businesses in Iraq. They will not go down as easily as you may think, CG.

I'm in Warka pretty big...guess hope is better than the bitterness of loss..???
    [Still kicking]

Supporter and Investor!
    Thanks for the Hope thoughts...... I also have an account with Warka, and just sent them a letter to reactivate my account, So to have a little Hope is good....

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    This investment is on hold till further notice !!! .... at least 5-10 more years (If the fighting stops very soon) to see our little ISX become the next Exploding Stock Market !!....and We were so close with it going Live on the NASDQ platform next month ................. JMHO