Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar

Prime Minister Maliki withdraws from 3rd term !!!

Why isn't this on every TV News Show ..???? HUGE !!!

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) On Wednesday, the MP for the Liberal bloc, Riad al-Saadi indicated that the National Alliance has five candidates for the post of prime minister, including al-Jaafari and al-Shahristani while noting that the outgoing Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, withdrew his candidacy for the post because of political pressure.
    Saadi said in an interview with IraqiNews.com that “the National Alliance has five candidates for the post of prime minister,” noting that “three of these candidates are from the National Coalition: Ahmed Chalabi, Ibrahim al-Jaafari and Aadi Abdul-Mahdi and the other two are from the State of Law Coalition; they are Khodair al Khozai and Hussain al-Shahristani.”
    Liberal bloc MP, Riad Ghali al-Saadi.

al-Saadi noted that “the outgoing Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, withdrew his candidacy for the post,” attributing the reason that “there was pressure from other political blocs.”
    al-Saadi added “Shahristani has a lot of policies and relations, but Maliki nominated Alkhozai because he is from his party.”
    The religious authority Mr. Mahmoud Hashemi considered, on July 29, 2014, that the nomination of a president of the new government in Iraq must be determined as a set apart by the polls, stressing the adherence to the constitutional entitlement of the new government.

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-pol...-5-candidates/

Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

It's about time...

Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post
    This is truly good news. I was wondering when Al Maliki would get the message to get out of Dodge. All of the major players had abandoned him and keeping him in power was becoming less and less likely.

ISIS/ISIL days are now numbered.

investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Not sure if it's news yet, just Iraqi news.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!
    Yes, this is definitely good news.
    Thanks
    LIT
    LONELYINTEXAS:
    1.00 - 3.22 :happy:

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post

Many Americans can't name their own political leaders (to the media's delight) so why should they care about Iraq?
    [Still kicking]

Supporter and Investor!
    lets hope they get in a good coalition government !!!!

Supporter and Investor!
    This "news" would be all over the national wire if it were valid. I think it's just a lousy Iraqi source.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

Iraq National News

Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    This "news" would be all over the national wire if it were valid. I think it's just a lousy Iraqi source.
    Assuming you mean Iraqi National news which it was about a week ago. World news could care less even though I caught it on a couple sources. Why does it matter who leads a parcel of land now, that will be at least 2 if not up to 4 Countries in the next year or two.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    Could care less? Seriously? Run a Google search for "Maliki" in the news within the last month and count how many stories that networks from Al-Jazeera to Reuters have been published on him. It's a lot more than a couple. And that's not counting the academic publications written on this fiasco.

Supporter and Investor!

ill try and speak slower

Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    So what was your point here? It is but it isnt all over the news? Decide what side of the discussion you are on so then I can prove you wrong, again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"