Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BIG NEWS ! **** Maliki Withdraws Lawsuit, Relinquishes Prime Minister Post****

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar

BIG NEWS ! **** Maliki Withdraws Lawsuit, Relinquishes Prime Minister Post****

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) An MP for the State of Law Coalition, Haitham al-Jubouri, said on Thursday that an agreement has been set between outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Prime Minister-designate Haider al-Abadi, while noting al-Maliki will withdraw his lawsuit from the Supreme Federal Court.
    Jubouri said in an interview for IraqiNews.com that “there was mediation between the brothers of the Dawa Party and outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi to resolve their differences.”
    Jubouri added that “al-Maliki will withdraw the lawsuit he filed with the Supreme Federal Court regarding constitutional violations,” pointing out that “al-Maliki will hold a press conference with Abadi to announce the settlements and agreements.”
    A leading figure in the Islamic Dawa Party, Salah Abdul Razzaq, revealed on Thursday that the nomination of Haider Abadi to head the new government was authorized by the Religious Authority and that Abadi subsequently received support from the Iraqi National Alliance to form a new government.
    It is noteworthy that on Wednesday evening the Islamic Dawa Party called on all political blocs to cooperate with the Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi and accelerate the formation of the new government, stressing the importance of concerted powers and blocs to set aside their differences.
    On August 11, 2014 President Fuad Masum, officially appointed the leader of the State of Law Coalition Haider Abadi to form a government, which lead to a dispute over the legality of Abadi’s mandate since he was not an elected candidate for Prime Minister.

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-pol...minister-post/

Supporter and Investor!
    Great news!
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    Maliki says he rejected military force to hold power, will not return to government

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The outgoing Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, said on Thursday evening that he did not want any governmental position, stressing that he excluded the option of holding onto power through military force so as to avoid any return to dictatorship.
    Maliki said, in a televised speech in the presence of the designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and the members of the State of Law Coalition, that “I do not want any position in government. My position is your trust,” adding “I announce in front of you the withdrawal of my candidacy in favor of my brother, Haider al-Abadi, to facilitate the functioning of the political process.”
    Maliki called on politicians to “use constitutional mechanisms to express their opinions,” noting that “he has ruled out the option of force from the beginning because he doesn’t believe in this option, which is no doubt will lead Iraq back to the reigns of dictatorship.”
    Maliki declared his support for designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and the withdrawal of the lawsuit he had brought against the President Fuad Masum through the Iraqi Supreme Federal Court.

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-pol...rn-government/

Fantastic NYT reporting in...BAGHDAD —

Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq said Thursday night that he had agreed to relinquish power, potentially ending a crisis in which his deployment of extra security forces around the capital had raised worries of a military coup.

Mr. Abadi, according to the constitution, has 30 days from the time of his appointment Monday to form a new government. During that time, Mr. Maliki remains the caretaker prime minister and the commander in chief of the military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/wo...=top-news&_r=0
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 08-15-2014 at 02:05 AM.

So.. how long to clean up the mess he left and reverse engines ?? 3-6 months ?? and where is CBI and Warka on the Priority list with the new Gov. ? Top 10 I hope.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    So.. how long to clean up the mess he left and reverse engines ?? 3-6 months ?? and where is CBI and Warka on the Priority list with the new Gov. ? Top 10 I hope.

.........another ten years?
    [Still kicking]

Supporter and Investor!
    I think the best we can hope for in the short-medium term is that ISIL doesn't overrun Baghdad.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

Cool its like deja vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Soon........
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    one of the other road blocks we're waiting on is a grid-locked and lazy COR to get its sh*t together. We need an oil law and investment law.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    I think the best we can hope for in the short-medium term is that ISIL doesn't overrun Baghdad.
    dinar-dude:

Absolutely correct.