Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without expli

Supporter and Investor!

Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without expli

Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.
    Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without explicit approval by US regulators, according to an article in The London Times. The bank has seen severe restrictions imposed on it, after US officials warned that the bank may be “a conduit for illegal transactions,” the report says. The bank has also been forced to cease US dollar clearing through its NY branch for “high-risk retail business clients,” the Times reports.

For full story http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/0...of-the-dollar/
    A day without laughter is a day wasted: Charlie Chaplin. :cheeky-smiley-025: :yelrotflmao:

NO RV TODAY! MAYBE TOMMOROW! :shhh:

[QUOTE=English Bob;27718]Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.
    Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without explicit approval by US regulators, according to an article in The London Times. The bank has seen severe restrictions imposed on it, after US officials warned that the bank may be “a conduit for illegal transactions,” the report says. The bank has also been forced to cease US dollar clearing through its NY branch for “high-risk retail business clients,” the Times reports.

************************************************** *****************************

Yes, such a fine upstanding back ... how dare they.. Looks like Warka Part II - coincidence ?? - I'm sure Bunnia is floating around in this story of old and new somewhere ...

What was Standard Chartered accused of?
    Standard Chartered was accused of helping Iran avoid American sanctions by concealing $250 billion worth of transactions over nearly 10 years, according to banking regulators in New York.

The New York State Department of Financial Services accused the London-based banking group of concealing 60,000 transactions with Iranian clients, including the Central Bank of Iran, from 2001 to 2010. The department says there is also evidence of similar schemes to conduct business with other U.S.-sanctioned countries such as Libya, Myanmar and Sudan.

London (CNN) -- Standard Chartered, a British banking giant, has paid $340 million to settle allegations it was involved in money laundering for Iranian clients.

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14...ent/?iid=HP_LN
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 08-22-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    [QUOTE=ChinaGirl;27719]
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.

************************************************** *****************************

Yes, such a fine upstanding back ... how dare they.. Looks like Warka Part II - coincidence ?? - I'm sure Bunnia is floating around in this story of old and new somewhere ...

What was Standard Chartered accused of?
    Standard Chartered was accused of helping Iran avoid American sanctions by concealing $250 billion worth of transactions over nearly 10 years, according to banking regulators in New York.

The New York State Department of Financial Services accused the London-based banking group of concealing 60,000 transactions with Iranian clients, including the Central Bank of Iran, from 2001 to 2010. The department says there is also evidence of similar schemes to conduct business with other U.S.-sanctioned countries such as Libya, Myanmar and Sudan.

London (CNN) -- Standard Chartered, a British banking giant, has paid $340 million to settle allegations it was involved in money laundering for Iranian clients.

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14...ent/?iid=HP_LN

You assume that Warka is involved with Standard Charter's nefarious activities. My take on it was that Warka did NOT want to work with them, therefore Maliki went after Warka/Bunnia because they weren't playing with the team.
    [Still kicking]

[QUOTE=40plus;27951]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post

You assume that Warka is involved with Standard Charter's nefarious activities. My take on it was that Warka did NOT want to work with them, therefore Maliki went after Warka/Bunnia because they weren't playing with the team.
    Sure... anything is possible at this point. The CBI has to come clean eventually - they either tidy up Warka's mess (which apparently the CBI created) or they rat out Bunnia and say "hey, we are partially to blame but Bunnia ran off with all the deposits - and, may of set up shop with Standard ..so we're not subsidizing that fiasco" ...time will tell.

Supporter and Investor!
    ChinaGirl, you have been spouting these accusations for awhile now without 1 single piece of evidence,,,
    Last edited by Brazileiro; 08-27-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Brazileiro View Post
    ChinaGirl, you have been spouting these accusations for awhile now without 1 single piece of evidence,,,
    It's an "opinion", and like yours, I'm entitled to it

[QUOTE=English Bob;27718]Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.

Assumption: What if the US knows this (SC) is where all the Warka deposits went ? Including the missing US Military Millions - is this a form of retaliation ? Until they get their money returned ? Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 08-28-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    It's an "opinion", and like yours, I'm entitled to it
    That is true, though a person might want to google "online defamation law" and see that using "just my opinion" doesn't always give a person legal protection for what they wrote. There is a lot more to it than many know. And it is not always "cut n dried"...

The following taken from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...efamation.html

"The bottom line: Just because you phrase something as a statement of opinion -- "I think" or "I believe" -- does not automatically protect you from a defamation claim."

That is true, though a person might want to google "online defamation law" and see that using "just my opinion" doesn't always give a person legal protection for what they wrote. There is a lot more to it than many know. And it is not always "cut n dried"...

"The bottom line: Just because you phrase something as a statement of opinion -- "I think" or "I believe" -- does not automatically protect you from a defamation claim."
    The Bottom Line: I'm not concerned. Call my Lawyer(s) ... Wee, Cheetum & Howe.

Even Better....