Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    But if they sold shares and have spirited the money elsewhere, it is doubtful they would have won their case against the CBI.
    I agree and it's annoying when there's no hard evidence indicating anyone has made any surreptitious arrangements with Al Warka involving Standard Chartered. The latter is practically being sanctioned by at least two governments, USA and UAE. Why would Al Bunnia want to deal with them now, if Al Warka couldn't even agree to allow SC to buy a majority stake in the bank, back in 2011? Had Al Bunnia allowed SC to buy a majority stake then, they may have been worse off in the long run. At least Al Warka is getting off the short list of troubled banking institutions with the CBI. SC's troubles may be just beginning.

I think speculation on Al Warka doing something improper or illegal with SC is way off base and completely groundless. After the new PM and government finally kick ISIS out of Iraq, things will start progressing rather rapidly in favor of economic prosperity for Iraq. Private banking institutions like Al Warka will prosper and get out from underneath the CBI's heavy and pejorative scrutiny.

Just my 2 dinars worth.
    Last edited by investindinar; 08-29-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: lack of bold and italics
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by investindinar View Post
    I agree and it's annoying when there's no hard evidence indicating anyone has made any surreptitious arrangements with Al Warka involving Standard Chartered. The latter is practically being sanctioned by at least two governments, USA and UAE. Why would Al Bunnia want to deal with them now, if Al Warka couldn't even agree to allow SC to buy a majority stake in the bank, back in 2011? Had Al Bunnia allowed SC to buy a majority stake then, they may have been worse off in the long run. At least Al Warka is getting off the short list of troubled banking institutions with the CBI. SC's troubles may be just beginning.

I think speculation on Al Warka doing something improper or illegal with SC is way off base and completely groundless. After the new PM and government finally kick ISIS out of Iraq, things will start progressing rather rapidly in favor of economic prosperity for Iraq. Private banking institutions like Al Warka will prosper and get out from underneath the CBI's heavy and pejorative scrutiny.

Just my 2 dinars worth.

I agree. I remember reading an article by Al Bunnia stating that they were a family business in existence for a long time in Iraq. They have many assets and no reason to sell out to an outsider. Then he gets hit really hard..and I think it is for not playing ball with the Iranian rip offs.

I am hoping just as you, that if things can settle down in country, Mr Bunnia will step back up and restore our deposits.

Also think ChinaGirl has a buyer's remorse hair against Warka. I believe I've more skin in the game than many..over six figures amerikan in C d's..so it may be wishful thinking...maybe not.
    [Still kicking]

Here's my take...

Quote Originally Posted by 40plus View Post
    I am hoping just as you, that if things can settle down in country, Mr Bunnia will step back up and restore our deposits.
    I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with researching, waiting and hoping for the best possible outcome. I do have a problem, however, whenever drama queens start their usual ranting about something they have incomplete information on, or just speculating about. It's very annoying and detracts from the overall value of any other contributions they may have made.

Just my two dinars worth.

- investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!

Question I think I realize something now.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with researching, waiting and hoping for the best possible outcome. I do have a problem, however, whenever drama queens start their usual ranting about something they have incomplete information on, or just speculating about. It's very annoying and detracts from the overall value of any other contributions they may have made.

Just my two dinars worth.

- investindinar
    Is it safe to say you are a supporter of Cardin, Mikulski and O'Malley?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Is it safe to say you are a supporter of Cardin, Mikulski and O'Malley?
    Of course I am. Wherefore didst thou doubt?

- investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!

Cool Makes sense

Of course I am. Wherefore didst thou doubt?

- investindinar
    Thanks. No reason. I rest my case though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"