Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Attention Trapped Warka/ISX Investors - New Broker / Stock Swap Etc.

Just putting a call out to anyone interested in this type of venture - I've copied and pasted my comments from another thread here - please add any comments (positive / negative) that you feel are necessary heading into a situation like this - maybe together we can pull a move off without giving up too much or sending any more good money after bad. Good luck to all.

My comments...

"This might be a good start - maybe someone with a current account with a reputable broker can suggest a plan whereas we (as a group) will move all of our Warka assets into their firm (whatever that may be ? Proxy for some / Shares in good name for others - I believe any cash deposits or CD's are history or at least inaccessible - I may be wrong, maybe a licensed broker "in" Iraq can access them) - if the broker can come on here and create a thread and open a "legitimate" dialogue I for one will be on board. Also, I don't mind the individual and/or the broker being compensated for their efforts either via a share swap or some other method - I for one refuse to send any more money into Iraq - but I don't mind using what is already there as payment. If someone here wants to head this up it may become quite lucrative for you and the broker."
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 10-08-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    so , in other words, create a hedge fund ?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    so , in other words, create a hedge fund ?

of sorts ... dump all of our stock into the new brokerage - returns based on contribution perhaps - if they create a "fund" fine - maybe my shares = 1.5% of total contributions so my returns are based on that amount ...or the broker just takes it all as is (per individual) - but because he's getting such a large client base in one large lump he waives the min. balance for all of us - just putting it out there - we are down to end IMO - something better than nothing.

I'm surprised a "legitimate" broker (after knowing Warka tanked) didn't come on here and suggest a jump at no min fee (or a very small one) - maybe they know something we don't ? It would be worth hiring an English rep. to round us all up and pull business their way - in a proper manner of course.

Supporter and Investor!
    It could be a investment club, details on when, where and how not necessary, see if there's interest.

A poll may be in order.

Guests may read and pass it around.

This could develop into one massive Investment Club.

(Using investment club as reference only.)
    "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by
    association with smarter people." --Will Rogers

"We're all ignorant, just on Different Subjects." --Will Rogers

Supporter and Investor!
    I'm surprised you said that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    I'm surprised a "legitimate" broker (after knowing Warka tanked) didn't come on here and suggest a jump at no min fee (or a very small one) - maybe they know something we don't ? It would be worth hiring an English rep. to round us all up and pull business their way - in a proper manner of course.

Supporter and Investor!
    I'm out

Warka to me was the best investment in Iraq (first to allow many different types of transactions to us foreigners)

I know things havent been easy between them and us all, but I firmly believe they will return (fully compensated) and with a new buyer too

all very very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dinar_OS View Post
    I'm surprised you said that.
    I'm surprised you're surprised that I said I'm surprised

Supporter and Investor! thebest's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Just putting a call out to anyone interested in this type of (vultures) - I've copied and pasted my comments from another thread here - please add any comments (positive / negative) that you feel are necessary heading into a situation like this - maybe together ($$$) we can pull a move off without giving up too much or sending any more good money after bad. Good luck to all.

My comments...

"This might be a good start (for me $$$) - maybe someone with a current account with a reputable broker (vulture) can suggest a plan whereas we (as a group) will move all of our Warka assets ($$$) (my) their firm (whatever that may be ? Proxy for some / Shares in good name for (me)others - I believe any cash deposits or CD's are history or at least inaccessible - I may be wrong, maybe a licensed broker (vulture) "in" Iraq can access them) - if the broker (vulture) can come on here and create a thread and open a "legitimate (vulture)" dialogue I for one will be on board. Also, I don't mind the individual and/or the broker (vulture) and (C.G.) being compensated for their efforts either via a share swap or some other method - I for one refuse to send any more money into Iraq - but I don't mind using what is already there as payment. If someone here wants to head this up it may become quite lucrative for you and the broker (vultures) and C.G."

The
    vulture has landed.
    JEJEJE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Al-Warka Bank Mr. Saad al-Bunnia We are giving you a chance to make good profits because once the country has returned to normal and foreigners can buy shares, believe me, nobody will be able to grab a handful of shares.
    THEBEST Remember if CG acted like vultures. No matter that appear to try to help us. They’re vultures.

Supporter and Investor!
    You were never in because you never got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    I'm out

Warka to me was the best investment in Iraq (first to allow many different types of transactions to us foreigners)

I know things havent been easy between them and us all, but I firmly believe they will return (fully compensated) and with a new buyer too

all very very soon