Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar

Central Bank soon to release new banknotes categories of 5000 and 25,000 Dinars......

Representational file photo

On Wednesday, Iraqi Central Bank announced new banknotes categories of 5000 and 25,000 Dinars to be released in the markets soon, noting that those papers are bearing all the technical and security characteristics.
    The bank said in a statement received by IraqiNews.com that “new banknotes categories of 5000 and 25,000 Dinars will be released in the market soon for trade with specifications and new high security protection codes, in addition to the existing security tags in the categories of the current series.”

http://www.iraqinews.com/business-ir...-25000-dinars/

Supporter and Investor!
    Sounds like this will seal the fate of any hopes that a dramatic revaluation of the existing currency will happen. I still have about 6 million of it laying around somewhere. I wonder what'll happen if I try to mail it to Warka at this late date?
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    Sounds like this will seal the fate of any hopes that a dramatic revaluation of the existing currency will happen. I still have about 6 million of it laying around somewhere. I wonder what'll happen if I try to mail it to Warka at this late date?

I still have an email from Mr I saying that if I were to post cash it would be confiscated "for sure"

Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar
    NO sending Cash To Warka now .... sorry !! your best hope is that at some point before they remove the zeros...and print complete new currency... maybe US banks may begin to trade in it again ...Good Luck ............ Back in 2007 I told everyone to get rid of their Dinar !! when we all sent it to Warka and got in the ISX.... now.... not sure that's was a good idea now...LOL .... but I still have hope

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post
    NO sending Cash To Warka now .... sorry !! your best hope is that at some point before they remove the zeros...and print complete new currency... maybe US banks may begin to trade in it again ...Good Luck ............ Back in 2007 I told everyone to get rid of their Dinar !! when we all sent it to Warka and got in the ISX.... now.... not sure that's was a good idea now...LOL .... but I still have hope
    Thanks for the advice, OS. I may sell to a dealer in the US, then re-invest the cash back into the ISX. That's where the bulk of my investment is anyway. Although the future is uncertain, I'm glad to see that things may be starting to move with X-stream coming online, the possible new currency, etc. I think this will at least position Iraq to slow grow it's economic position. If this takes 5-10 years, that's fine. If sooner, that's better. good luck to all of us.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

Bad Karma

Thanks for the advice, OS. I may sell to a dealer in the US, then re-invest the cash back into the ISX. That's where the bulk of my investment is anyway. Although the future is uncertain, I'm glad to see that things may be starting to move with X-stream coming online, the possible new currency, etc. I think this will at least position Iraq to slow grow it's economic position. If this takes 5-10 years, that's fine. If sooner, that's better. good luck to all of us.
    Well if you sell it to a dealer you are just the front end of the next guy to get scammed w BS about a RV. Is that who you are? Don't enable nor be a part of this scam. Whatever you do dont wire money to Warka to buy stock. They will accept the deposit but will not execute the stock purchase requests.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Well if you sell it to a dealer you are just the front end of the next guy to get scammed w BS about a RV. Is that who you are? Don't enable nor be a part of this scam. Whatever you do dont wire money to Warka to buy stock. They will accept the deposit but will not execute the stock purchase requests.
    What options are left, besides eating it?

Supporter and Investor!
    What options are left, besides eating it?
    open an account with credit bank (broi) , they have isx dealing facilities

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    open an account with credit bank (broi) , they have isx dealing facilities
    Thanks for the good advice, do you have an account with them, and, if so, are you happy with it?

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    "Well if you sell it to a dealer you are just the front end of the next guy to get scammed w BS about a RV. Is that who you are? Don't enable nor be a part of this scam."

I can do whatever I want with this currency. And the 'next guy' should do his own GD homework before he buys into dinar. I'm not responsible for some dumbsh*t who buys into this 'scam' blindly, especially in light of all the info out there indicating the dinar is a scam.