Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor! oldskiier's Avatar

"Rabee" Stock Brokers... Question...

Has anyone ever asked "Rabee" Stock Brokers if it was possible for them to acquire your shares from Warka.... without opening a $10,000 account.... as I'm sure they want that much money as to make the commission on spending that much of your money....and if they acquired my 36 million dinar worth of stock form Warka...I would pay them a commission... make sense..???

I have sent them an E-Mail....will share when I get an answer

Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post
    Has anyone ever asked "Rabee" Stock Brokers if it was possible for them to acquire your shares from Warka.... without opening a $10,000 account.... as I'm sure they want that much money as to make the commission on spending that much of your money....and if they acquired my 36 million dinar worth of stock form Warka...I would pay them a commission... make sense..???

I have sent them an E-Mail....will share when I get an answer
    I thought it was a 100K - I stand corrected - Makes perfect sense ... here's where the rubber hits the road - be interesting as you push this along (and I hope you do aggressively) if they even have your shares (Proxy or otherwise) - my gut feeling (and IMHO) is they have dumped it all and pocketed the funds (legally / illegally? does it matter at this point - there is no "real" governing authority in Iraq when it comes to banking - still the wild west in the east). I believe the account / share balance numbers we see are all fictitious - again IMHO. I truly hope I'm wrong for all involved and I'll eat my words if I am (including a formal apology to all here) - OS - please stay on this - that is way too much $$ to write off (25K USD ++) - even if it costs you 2-5K to move the shares it will be worth it - tell them to take any additional funds (if required) from a share sale once your portfolio lands with them - try not to send any more money over there. Good Luck - I wish I could help you some how - If I can let me know - prepare letters etc. ?? I don't know ?? - really want to see you pull this off and enjoy success
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 10-26-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Can I take a stab at guessing the response you will get from Rabee Securities......

Short, curt email informing you of

1 - $100,000 minimum deposit
    2 - Not possible to transfer Warka proxy
    3 - No comment on your proposed 'transfer fee' other than they cannot help you

Let us know how you go

Quote Originally Posted by 24mm exposed grid View Post
    Can I take a stab at guessing the response you will get from Rabee Securities......

Short, curt email informing you of

1 - $100,000 minimum deposit
    2 - Not possible to transfer Warka proxy
    3 - No comment on your proposed 'transfer fee' other than they cannot help you

Let us know how you go
    Hmmm ..thought I saw that 100K figure bouncing around - you too ? Yes... that Proxy belongs to the Bank not us - if they went Bankrupt (originally) it was an asset on their balance sheet and would of been gobbled up in the process (although now it has to be reversed - maybe that's the delay?) - or, if they saw the wolves heading their way - they could of just sold it off prior and it now no longer exists. Hopefully again, I'm wrong - and it's sitting in the courts lap waiting for disbursement back to the bank. I'm really hoping Rabee takes the bait and sees this through - we could learn a lot about where everything "is" or "isn't" with this event. Good luck OS.

Just got an email back from Rabee !!! exciting ...but answer wasn't exciting.... ..... I have sent them my account number.... hope they can find my holdings .......

Dear Steven
    Please provide us any document show that you have account trading , or the name of the fund that you invest with in .
    I contacted with Warka brokerage , and they said that you have not account trading
    Please update me
    Thank you

Maryam

Just got an email back from Rabee !!! exciting ...but answer wasn't exciting.... ..... I have sent them my account number.... hope they can find my holdings .......

Dear Steven
    Please provide us any document show that you have account trading , or the name of the fund that you invest with in .
    I contacted with Warka brokerage , and they said that you have not account trading
    Please update me
    Thank you

Maryam
    Good Job OS - looks like they are moving quickly for you ... although, this part has me wondering what's up - maybe just an internal glitch...

"I contacted with Warka brokerage , and they said that you have not account trading"

Which brings me to my earlier comment(s)...
    "I believe the account / share balance numbers we see are all fictitious - again IMHO. I truly hope I'm wrong for all involved and I'll eat my words if I am (including a formal apology to all here)"

Excellent work OS - keep on it - I'm cheering for you !!!

One positive thing about this..is she said she " Contacted Warka"...... so sounds like they are still in business ...LOL.... I also just requested a copy of all my holdings with Warka !! others have gotten this,.... so holding my breath .....

One positive thing about this..is she said she " Contacted Warka"...... so sounds like they are still in business ...LOL.... I also just requested a copy of all my holdings with Warka !! others have gotten this,.... so holding my breath .....

Looks like they're contacting the Brokerage which I believe was immune from the wrath of the CBI (tutelage etc.) and has always remained in business (The ISX contacted me in this regard via email last September) - it operates independently of the Bank - What I'm getting at is that the Proxy was most likely setup by the Bank then the shares bought in the Banks name (with a side record of who owns what) - that is if they were even purchased on our behalf - remember, we only received Excel Spread Sheets as record of our purchase - pretty flimsy record keeping I know, but we accepted it at the time - so it may be the Bank that has record of your share participation and not the Brokerage. You may have to spell that out to Rabee so they can follow up for you. If you have shares in "your good name" then you should have an ISX trading number which should also be forwarded to Rabee for review.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 10-26-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    I've been receiving emails from Warka since 2011 saying they are in the process of transferring my proxy shares into my good name, but I've never gotten an ISX trading number from them. The excel sheets they send with my shares broken out into proxy shares and shares "in my name" have my Warka account number - I wonder if Warka uses the account numbers as the ISX trading number..
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!
    Another route could be using Al-Jazeera brokerage. They charge $10k on initial startup, which they invest, and they will track down the shares you own through the ISX. Their replies have always been very responsive.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill