Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by investindinar View Post
    I agree that Al Warka's legal situation is the fundamental reason why they're not listed and trading on the ISX or any other exchange. They're simply not allowed to until they receive due compensation for damages from the CBI and the MoF (if they were involved). They need to demonstrate to any exchange they desire to be listed on that they have sufficient capital to resume operations. At the present time they can't do that for obvious reasons.

Today 12/31, when they posted the semi-annual interest due on my savings account (3% for six months or 6% per annum), I noticed that they dropped the interest rate from 7% compounded semi-annually to 6% compounded semi-annually. This may a contrarian indicator, but it shows me that the bank continues to credit interest when due, and at a lower, albeit more acceptable interest rate to the governing authority. I know from information posted in the past that the interest rate they were offering on their deposits was outside the bounds of what the governing authority considered acceptable and may have been too aggressive.

In addition, every time I asked them in the recent past (as recently as last summer) to sell any of the stock shares that they hold in trust on my behalf, they did not hesitate to sell whatever shares I asked them to without any unnecessary delays or misgivings. Following the sales, I received an Excel spreadsheet with all the details and the cash balance on my savings account reflected the activity accurately. So, I honestly don't see why some individuals keep bringing up the issue that everyone has lost their cash deposits with the bank, or that their stock shares are somehow compromised, stolen or no longer under the control of Al Warka Investment Bank.

I do find some encouragement in the progress being made by the new PM Haider Al Abadi, the recent decision by the Iraqi courts to reverse the conviction of Sinan Al Shabibi, and piecemeal removal of the extremely toxic detritus left over by Nuri Al Maliki's regime, bit by bit. However, that's going to take some time and I'm hoping that by this time next year (12/31/2015), we'll see Al Warka restored to full operations, their stock re-listed on the ISX and Erbil Exchange, their shareholders compensated, and ISIS as a footnote in Iraqi history. I think it's doable.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
    For what it's worth, I thought this was well written - I did however have to laugh out loud at this one particular tid bit...

"Following the sales, I received an Excel spreadsheet with all the details and the cash balance on my savings account reflected the activity accurately"

Yes, we all have those to kick around - not worth a darn thing unfortunately. My 12 year old niece can print up as many as I/you would like. When the dust settles (if it ever does) try showing up at the CBI or ISX hearing (you know the one - who is owed what and why ?) with your Excel Spread Sheets(s) and see how quick you get paid out. It was all cute and cuddly when Warka was young (we gave them some leeway) but now you look back and it's just a farce. Hey - I was pro Warka for a long time so I get you - some are just holding on to nothing tighter than I ever did. No right or wrong here, just a difference of opinion perhaps.

Happy New Year to All.

CG

Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post

Activity stop Warka Brokerage Company with effect from Sunday session 28/12/2014 12/28/2014 09:02

Given counting commitment Warka Brokerage Company to submit a letter of guarantee in the amount equivalent to the capital of the company decided to suspend work on the company's activity in the market under our No. 2276 on 12.28.2014 with effect from Sunday, 28.12.2014 session.

الأخبـــار

http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/file...2_0_9_2_39.pdf
    Surprised you posted this - usually you post in the past (from Warka's short lived Glory Days) - Now you're posting "The Good The Bad and the Ugly" ? This is just Downright Ugly - thanks I guess ? Nice to know the "updated" truth occasionally.

CG
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 12-31-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Supporter and Investor! thebest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Surprised you posted this - usually you post in the past (from Warka's short lived Glory Days) - Now you're posting "The Good The Bad and the Ugly" ? This is just Downright Ugly - thanks I guess ? Nice to know the "updated" truth occasionally.

CG
    You're wrong. WARKA is not trading in the ISX since 11-26-2013. Even the WARKA ISX e-mail was removed for his site before this new. Even WARKA paid the interesting today 12-31-2014. WARKA is a shareholder in the ESX and to me WARKA isn't interesting no more in the ISX. WARKA will not showing his card. When the time came the CBI and the GOI have to rehabilitate and paid for damages to WARKA.
    So all this peoples that need to find another brokers do it and tells how you're doing with you new broker. Don't forget the minimum $10,000 for open a new account and stop complaining and move out of WARKA. You're especially only complaint and have do nothing. You and the other crusader have the $10,000?. Move and showing us you new adventure. You can made a new bad or good. You always are looking for the disasters.
    If the administration of Investors Iraq create an other section maybe called CG Anti-WARKA Section so like ISIS they live in her only kingdom and writing all his not productivity ideas.
    Al-Warka Bank Mr. Saad al-Bunnia We are giving you a chance to make good profits because once the country has returned to normal and foreigners can buy shares, believe me, nobody will be able to grab a handful of shares.
    THEBEST Remember if CG acted like vultures. No matter that appear to try to help us. They’re vultures.

Supporter and Investor!
    They just make it quick decision to set aside AL-WARKA for their purpose (RV) then after RV happens the GOI or CBI will be back into it.
    Because a lot of investors involved and they just wanted to be happen as soon as possible the MAIN EVENT that we're waiting for 11 years.

You're wrong. WARKA is not trading in the ISX since 11-26-2013. Even the WARKA ISX e-mail was removed for his site before this new. Even WARKA paid the interesting today 12-31-2014. WARKA is a shareholder in the ESX and to me WARKA isn't interesting no more in the ISX. WARKA will not showing his card. When the time came the CBI and the GOI have to rehabilitate and paid for damages to WARKA.
    So all this peoples that need to find another brokers do it and tells how you're doing with you new broker. Don't forget the minimum $10,000 for open a new account and stop complaining and move out of WARKA. You're especially only complaint and have do nothing. You and the other crusader have the $10,000?. Move and showing us you new adventure. You can made a new bad or good. You always are looking for the disasters.
    If the administration of Investors Iraq create an other section maybe called CG Anti-WARKA Section so like ISIS they live in her only kingdom and writing all his not productivity ideas.
    Is "Nut Job" one word or two ? It's the Warka "Brokerage" that has collapsed this time - the bank is long gone. Wake up and smell yourself for once. JAJAJAJAJAJAJA.

Maybe you should hire an interpreter to read the news to you here - so you actually know what the "F" you're talking about.

You still live in a Warka "Fantasy" world -

Even WARKA paid the interesting today 12-31-2014 - Unless you have direct access to it - No they did not "pay" interest
    WARKA is a shareholder in the ESX - Can you buy shares in Warka via the ESX ? - No they are not a shareholder
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 01-01-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Is "Nut Job" one word or two ? It's the Warka "Brokerage" that has collapsed this time - the bank is long gone. Wake up and smell yourself for once. JAJAJAJAJAJAJA.

Maybe you should hire an interpreter to read the news to you here - so you actually know what the "F" you're talking about.

Mean Girl..maybe you should loose some weight, get some nookie..and take something to make that PMS-Beeoch syndrome ease up. Puleeeeze, give us some peace from your constant pounding-out of emotionally tarnished crap you disguise as "opinions".

Get a life, take in a comedy show...you obviously need some practice with real humor; it might help ease the embarrassment of your poor attempts to hide your self-loathing and contempt for others via tacky 'humous' posts. The flagrant insults in your posts are simply too much..would you be happier participating in another forum, more suitable to your where you are currently in life? Perhaps Haters Annon?
    [Still kicking]

Supporter and Investor!
    Warka will sell anything you ask and put the 'amount' in your account. They never stopped doing that. You, like I, until I realized it, got suckered when I sold stock and then realized they they would not then buy stock on my behalf or send me the funds. I challenge anyone on here to state they have had stock purchased on ones behalf or funds sent to one over the past year. Anyone who says they have is a blatant liar. IMHGO of course with no malice intended.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Quote Originally Posted by 40plus View Post
    Mean Girl..maybe you should loose some weight, get some nookie..and take something to make that PMS-Beeoch syndrome ease up. Puleeeeze, give us some peace from your constant pounding-out of emotionally tarnished crap you disguise as "opinions".

Get a life, take in a comedy show...you obviously need some practice with real humor; it might help ease the embarrassment of your poor attempts to hide your self-loathing and contempt for others via tacky 'humous' posts. The flagrant insults in your posts are simply too much..would you be happier participating in another forum, more suitable to your where you are currently in life? Perhaps Haters Annon?
    "Bite Me" is 2 words - yes .. I'm sure of it. I hate no one - dislike a few. Do you also need an interpreter to break that down for you ?
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 01-01-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Warka will sell anything you ask and put the 'amount' in your account. They never stopped doing that. You, like I, until I realized it, got suckered when I sold stock and then realized they they would not then buy stock on my behalf or send me the funds. I challenge anyone on here to state they have had stock purchased on ones behalf or funds sent to one over the past year. Anyone who says they have is a blatant liar. IMHGO of course with no malice intended.
    I second that. Like it matters