Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskiier View Post
    You and me both !!! I have requested at least 5 times...information regarding the Banks position !! Nothing Back
    Another indicator that I think is telling is the bank's interest reports for accounts - the money in our accounts are still accumulating interest, it's just that the bank has been forced to cease its operations (per the CBI) and is prevented from transferring funds, or is very limited in performing any banking operations at this point. Sounds like the funds are frozen, but they are still accumulating interest.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

What?

Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    Another indicator that I think is telling is the bank's interest reports for accounts - the money in our accounts are still accumulating interest, it's just that the bank has been forced to cease its operations (per the CBI) and is prevented from transferring funds, or is very limited in performing any banking operations at this point. Sounds like the funds are frozen, but they are still accumulating interest.
    Please provide a link or evidence the CBI has forced Warka to cease its operations. IMHGO Warka does not have the funds to operate. It has nothing to do with the CBI. And posting virtual interest to an account is a far cry from evidence of a banks viability. The Madoff investors were receiving tremendous virtual gains on their statements. The reality was the money was not there however. Just keeping our feet on the ground here. Not saying we should give up. Just saying there has not been a single positive move in the last two years to make one believe Warka will come back at this point. Evidence to the contrary would be greatly appreciated.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Please provide a link or evidence the CBI has forced Warka to cease its operations. IMHGO Warka does not have the funds to operate. It has nothing to do with the CBI. And posting virtual interest to an account is a far cry from evidence of a banks viability. The Madoff investors were receiving tremendous virtual gains on their statements. The reality was the money was not there however. Just keeping our feet on the ground here. Not saying we should give up. Just saying there has not been a single positive move in the last two years to make one believe Warka will come back at this point. Evidence to the contrary would be greatly appreciated.

Since Warka went under the same guardianship, that infers their banking operations have been ceased, according to article 69, whatever that is.

Central Bank warns citizens to deal with Basra International Bank instruments

June 11, 2014 1: 45 pm
    Number of readers: 49

The CBI, warned Wednesday, citizens of Basra International Bank and investment, noting that the Bank has stopped all its banking practice.

The Bank said in a statement that "the citizens not to accept any instrument issued by Basrah International Bank for investment and to stop the practice of banking".

The Bank said that the Bank had been placed under trusteeship forced based on the decision of the Central Bank of Iraq 1485 in June 2012 in accordance with article 69 of the Banking Act 2004."

The Central Bank announced on June 6, imposing a Trusteeship on the economy Bank for finance and investment, adding that a guardianship committees consisting of three persons and an 18-month extension to prepare a report on the financial situation and future prospects of the Bank.
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!

Supporter and Investor!

Thanks

Thanks dinar_dude. Would like to see similar post re Warka but I can live with the theory. Not much else I can do LOL. Good luck.
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dinar_dude View Post
    Since Warka went under the same guardianship, that infers their banking operations have been ceased, according to article 69, whatever that is.

June 11, 2014 1: 45 pm
    Number of readers: 49

The CBI, warned Wednesday, citizens of Basra International Bank and investment, noting that the Bank has stopped all its banking practice.

The Bank said in a statement that "the citizens not to accept any instrument issued by Basrah International Bank for investment and to stop the practice of banking".

The Bank said that the Bank had been placed under trusteeship forced based on the decision of the Central Bank of Iraq 1485 in June 2012 in accordance with article 69 of the Banking Act 2004."

The Central Bank announced on June 6, imposing a Trusteeship on the economy Bank for finance and investment, adding that a guardianship committees consisting of three persons and an 18-month extension to prepare a report on the financial situation and future prospects of the Bank.
    Well there goes my stock certificate with Basra.

Supporter and Investor!

There is one difference

Quote Originally Posted by calstar View Post
    Well there goes my stock certificate with Basra.
    Basrah in theory went under way before Warka. The interesting part is that the ISX still lists Basrah as a stock (albeit not trading) on the exchange while it has completely removed Warka. (And I mean trading info, not outdated admin stuff like address' and so forth.)