Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More ... http://uatoday.tv/news/reuters-ukrai...28-411669.html

Ukraine steps up hard currency controls to support hryvnia
    Ukraine's central bank stepped up controls on banks' access to foreign currency on Wednesday to try to stem the collapse of the hryvnia, preventing them from buying any for clients this week and limiting what they could buy for themselves.
    The bank said in a statement that banks would not be able to buy foreign currency for clients "until 27 February 2015 inclusive" and that banks would only be allowed to buy foreign currency up to 0.5 percent of their regulatory capital.
    Ukraine has scrambled to introduce restrictions on foreign currency purchases to try to stop a fall in the hryvnia, which has plunged about 13 percent over the last two days as an already fragile ceasefire in its east has all but unravelled.
    Ukraine's budget is stretched by fighting against pro-Russian rebels in two of its eastern regions and, with only .42 billion in its foreign exchange reserves, the central bank has few tools left to try to stop the currency's collapse.
    Full story
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 02-25-2015 at 06:53 PM.

So it looks like this is a method to raise the value of the local currency - Ukraine has a deadline - Iraq does not (that I've seen) - keep an eye on Ukraine's hryvnia to see if it rises accordingly ... interesting times -What works for Ukraine may work for Iraq .... time to dust off your IQD folks ??

Supporter and Investor!

I think it is more of a parachute

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    So it looks like this is a method to raise the value of the local currency - Ukraine has a deadline - Iraq does not (that I've seen) - keep an eye on Ukraine's hryvnia to see if it rises accordingly ... interesting times -What works for Ukraine may work for Iraq .... time to dust off your IQD folks ??
    Hey CG, IMHGO it is a move in both countries to stop their currencies from plummeting and to see if there is any way to bring the value back to what it was days, weeks or months ago. (IQD back to 1166.) It is to stop the slaughter, not increase the feast.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Hey CG, IMHGO it is a move in both countries to stop their currencies from plummeting and to see if there is any way to bring the value back to what it was days, weeks or months ago. (IQD back to 1166.) It is to stop the slaughter, not increase the feast.

Sounds bloody LOL ... a few weeks of this should tell the story - Chapter 4000 (Iraq - The textbook case)

Supporter and Investor!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Or ISIS has gotten its scummy hands on so much IQD the Country can not afford to keep handing out USD for stolen IQD to be laundered. I assume people realize Iraq will need to put out a new currency regardless of a lop or not, as a result of what is and has happed over there. That will probably be when the Kurds officially break off also. So now we are looking at an eventual currency exchange and nation split. Let the bashing begin.
    Thank you Rabee's for confirming my info. I try to tell the peeps on here ahead of time but some just won't listen.
    "• In view of the money laundry and smuggling, the governor of the CBI decided to stop working in the currency auction and limit the work to the remittance system only, informed source from the CBI told Alforat.
    • Turkey has agreed to provide a $500mn (600bn) loan to the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to help pay the wages of state officials. According to a report from Daily Sabah, the loan will be repaid by either being set off from Turkey’s crude oil debts or being repaid directly by the KRG. (Iraq Business News)"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"