Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525

    CBI Withdrawals 50 Dinar Note

    Central Bank announces the withdrawal of 50 dinars a class of trading

    Thursday February 26, 2015 14:35


    Alsumaria News / Baghdad
    said the Iraqi Central Bank, on Thursday, for the withdrawal of currency 50 dinars category of trading, indicating that the replacement will continue for two months. The bank said in a statement received " Alsumaria News ", a copy of it, he was" given to stop the public from trading paper Cash category 50 dinars, he decided to withdraw this banknote trading based authorized to article 36 of the powers of the Bank Act No. 56 of 2004 ". The bank added that "the banks and their branches will start replacing these banknotes presented to it and without fee or commission," noting that "banks will deposited with the bank and its branches for the purpose of being the equivalent value in the accounts we have. "
    The Bank noted that "the term that will replace these banknotes will begin on the first of March to 30 of April next," stressing that "the end of the period of replacement will be banknote void and have no discharge power will not be accepted in Iraq." It is noteworthy that the bank CBI issued after 2003 and banknotes from the category of 50 dinars, but he is not traded due to the high prices of the products offered in the market









    http://www.alsumaria.tv/news/126132/...8%B1-%D9%85/ar
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 02-26-2015 at 12:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525
    So is this a ploy ... whereas we are to say "holy crap what's next, the 250's the 500"s ?" and turn in all our cash for exchange with a dealer / bank, or better yet, open a new bank account in Iraq ...ya right ... I have 30 of the little devils - I remember when there was a time everyone wanted smaller denoms. Peeps were hoarding the 50's etc. The theory ... if a slow reval occurred you only wanted to cash in slowly (low denoms) - leaving the large for the higher rate.

    Well... looks like we're taking on sand from all sides now ... Banks Closing / Currency withdrawals /ISX flat (is it even open LOL)

    Side Note: This will certainly have new comers thinking twice about speculating on IQD cash.

    Interesting times - still enjoying the ride )))
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 02-26-2015 at 02:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,552

    Family Guy

    As the great Peter Griffin would say. This is a good tme for a song by The Doors.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    As the great Peter Griffin would say. This is a good tme for a song by The Doors.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

    indeedly doodly ... oops wrong show


  5. #5
    Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southeast Coast
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    So is this a ploy ... whereas we are to say "holy crap what's next, the 250's the 500"s ?" and turn in all our cash for exchange with a dealer / bank, or better yet, open a new bank account in Iraq ...ya right ... I have 30 of the little devils - I remember when there was a time everyone wanted smaller denoms. Peeps were hoarding the 50's etc. The theory ... if a slow reval occurred you only wanted to cash in slowly (low denoms) - leaving the large for the higher rate.

    Well... looks like we're taking on sand from all sides now ... Banks Closing / Currency withdrawals /ISX flat (is it even open LOL)

    Side Note: This will certainly have new comers thinking twice about speculating on IQD cash.

    Interesting times - still enjoying the ride )))
    Oh No!!! I have 2.2mil of those lil buggers

  6. #6
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,349
    I will post my 100k to Iraq and see if Warka will credit them to my account
    Last edited by Will-it-happen?; 02-26-2015 at 11:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by calstar View Post
    Oh No!!! I have 2.2mil of those lil buggers
    l
    Looks like you've got 60 days to unload them - try the dinar buying sites - value ?? who knows ?? I'll keep mine as souvenirs - with the coins they withdrew earlier LOL - My nieces and nephews can create a school project with it "Iraq's worthless currency of the past present and future" LOLOLOL

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    I will post my 80k to Iraq and see if Warka will credit them to my account
    How do dat ?

  9. #9
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    How do dat ?

    The same way i sent my ID to them so I could trade on the ISX

    DHL !!!!!!

    (although in this case I shall rely on the Royal Mail, 100k of 50 dinar notes currently sitting in a used toaster box ready to go tomorrow !!!)
    Last edited by Will-it-happen?; 02-26-2015 at 11:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,349
    OH NO !!!

    from Royal Mail website :

    Prohibited items

    Prohibited products are not permitted in the mail under any circumstances.

    • Items containing coins, bank notes, currency notes or securities of any kind payable to bearer, travellers' cheques
    • Platinum, gold or silver, whether manufactured or not, precious stones, jewels or other valuable articles.
    • Cameras, Laptop computers, mobile phones

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered byvBSocial.com and Block Facebook