Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Why is no one just calling the "buy back guys" ? - might take a hit ... but really - blindly mail /courier a box of money back into Iraq ?? - that has nightmare written all over it. Warka bank address is likely a hollow shell at this point - my guess is that your Warka emails are going to Turkey / Jordan - where all our money probably is. CBI will never get back to you - that's been tried hundreds of times over the years - we're on the ignore list. Maybe you'll be the lucky one to gat a response ??
    I would love to call
    the buy back guys but got all my dinars in Kuwait.

Supporter and Investor!
    anybody going to iraq in the next week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    anybody going to iraq in the next week ?

Just FYI - some people reporting Airport currency exchange depots will take the 50"s (for now) ... strange - back in the day we were paying a premium for small denoms - complete 180 here now

Also... some saying (read speculating) 50 exchange is a test for things to come ...& USD exchange pulled or reduced so citizens don't just convert to USD and in turn open new accounts and / or make local purchases - who knows ?... nice to see movement for a change, CBI sat around with their thumbs up their bums and their minds in neutral for eons.

Supporter and Investor!
    will the Iraqi consulate take the 50's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    will the Iraqi consulate take the 50's ?
    Hmmm... maybe, I saw a nice lamp in their lobby - I wouldn't pay more than a 100K IQD for it though, it looks shady. Rumor has it that it survived the first Desert Storm - we're experiencing the second.